Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
01/2002
Country
US
State
NJ
Anyone else here having a harder time functioning in the hot hot weather? Everything I try to do has taken a greater effort for me to do! Even going to the mall which is air conditioned is a chore because of the walk to and from the car to the mall. It's pretty much been in the 90s for at least two weeks. I'm limiting my activities until it starts to cool down a bit.

It definitely makes life harder for me, the hottest weather is quite draining, my hands and feet also swell up. It won't be as hot here in North Wales at around 75F but still higher than we're used to. The discomfort of very cold or hot weather is a frustrating part of fibro, doesn't seem like it's mild enough for us very often.

yes, very hot or very cold is quite hard.
I have a pretty narrow window of temps that I am "comfortable" in...
add to that I also have COPD, humidity also becomes a big problem.

Absolutely, I live in NC and we have had the hottest summer I can remember since I moved here in 07. I got overwhelmed by the heat a week ago and actually got a migraine and am still moving like a snail. Like I lost my energy. Even standing up takes a ton of effort. My pain everywhere is increased and it threw my gut situation haywire (i read the heat can do that). Feel better and stay cool

Absolutely, I live in NC and we have had the hottest summer I can remember since I moved here in 07. I got overwhelmed by the heat a week ago and actually got a migraine and am still moving like a snail. Like I lost my energy. Even standing up takes a ton of effort. My pain everywhere is increased and it threw my gut situation haywire (i read the heat can do that). Feel better and stay cool
Hi, I live in NC as well. I joined this forum because I also have CFS. I'm looking for a doctor to treat me, other than Dr Lapp or the Hunter Hopkins Center. They don't take insurance and I can't afford to go to them. Could you recommend any doctor you've come across that has knowledge of Fibro, but also CFS (Chronic Fatigue Syndrome)? I'm desperate to find someone who either understands the disease, or is willing to learn.

Yes - the heat drains me completely - I find I can hardly do anything. And yesterday I made two pies so had the oven on and thought I was going to melt. The fatigue is so bad. My friend with MS says the heat does that to her too. I had great plans for the summer - get healthy get active, enjoy the summer - but in the end I've spent most of my time indoors avoiding the sun and lying down cause of the heat....

Me too, longtimer!! Since the weather went up into the 90s I found I just could not even walk around my block, the fatigue became so bad! Plus I'm on a new insomnia med that has added to my fatigue but now taking half of the lowest dose so hoping that helps. I wanted so badly to do just a few daytrips but holding off until the temps dip down a bit or it'll be a waste of time. Thank goodness my AC died on my last summer when the temp was tolerable and we managed without it for a few days until new until was installed!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back