DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
07/2014
Country
AU
State
Victoria
Hey everyone,

I don't come here much but I came back today because I feel like my fibro is flaring up. This past week I was feeling great, up until yesterday that is! I'm a nurse and one of my patients has FM and told me it flares up with humidity.... thoughts? The weather in Melbourne was nice this week and got to hot yest before cooling down to a humid evening and humid start to today. I woke up aching in my neck so badi considered calling in sick to work, felt miserable and down all day, had fibro brain fog all day and just wanted my bed! That's where i am now!

Does anyone else have flareups due to weather? Any coping strategies that work?

Thanks in advance,

Magik .

Yes, I think the humidity is really bad on me. Some days I really struggle. I live in Florida so I have alot of humidity to deal with! I have so wanted to call in sick or leave early from work but I fight it. When I get home I just veg out, totally exhausted.

I do the same thing when I get home! Thanks for the reply :)

the weather really does make a difference in how I feel. Nasty rainy day are the worst. Good luck, Mike.

Hang in there Mike! We all know your misery! Yes..weather definitely adds to the misery...high humidity is a bear. I also live in Florida and beg for rain when the humidity is high. Keep hydrated and enjoy your bed for a while.

Hey Mike.

Oh yes humidity and cold weather will set off a flare. I can't even hardly stand to go outside with out several layers on.
Take care Mike. Hot baths or a hot tub with massaging bubbles and anti inflam meds help. Tramodol on bad days with Tylenol is a life savor.

Your profession is hard too. Ask a good rhumy to help,u out. They can recommend a lot knowing UR med history.

King Regards,

Thanks for your replies everyone. I'm Lauren (magikpoet) tho, not Mike lol.

I've felt soooo much better with some clearer days since then. Gonna be fun heading into summer though!

Hi magIKpoet,oh sorry not Mike..

KEEP LOTS oh hot packs handy . The kind u shake and they warm up. Try last a long time now u can also get the medicated type at the drug store with med to relax sore muscles, warm them and a sticky side to sty in place. They r great. I also use a dehumidifier in my home cuts down the chill by 60-70%.

Shades

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back