Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
09/2010
Country
US
State
FL
Fibro fog is so bad the last 3 months!! What meds can I take and fibro meds aren't working. Help!!

I don't recommend taking more meds because of the fibro fog, because the most common effect of meds is to create the fog rather than dispel it.
If you have not already done so, check out the post that is a sticky at the top of the General forum, and start implementing those advice suggestions as soon and as thoroughly as you can. It's possible that if you raise the overall level of your health, it will lessen the fibro fog.

Also, use stickies to remind you of things, carry a notebook and write things down, do puzzles and look online for brain exercises that might help.
But don't depend on more drugs to help you. In fact, you might think about doing extensive research on the drugs you are already taking, to see if brain fog or forgetfulness is listed in the possible side effects of any of them. If it is, strongly consider cutting down on those, or cutting them out altogether.

extensive research on the drugs
Yep, very agreed - packet inserts are often not enough, as long as they are. But I've been surprised that they've often had what I'm looking for. Crazy of my pain doc to give me Tilidine and Amitriptyline, one of the rheums in the rheum clinic electrotherapy, altho I have focal seizures and it should be pretty well known that they cause this. But I'm glad I could say I tried them, because I know I'd get even stranger looks from people if I say I get too many side effects from meds. :rolleyes: The tiredness and brain-numbness may be what you call fibro-fog and I was glad to leave off of Amitriptyline and also CBD oil and get a clear head again. I prefer more pains with a clear head for better pinpointing of symptoms & self-discipline and getting the pains down 'on my own' instead of fogging them over...

Thank you for responding!! I have had this for over 10 years and I tried to stop the one medication but if I miss one dose of it I get a flare up. I think it has gotten worse over the last 3 months or so because I had the worst flare up I had ever had. It lasted 2 months and then on and off on the next month. I have never had it last that long in my life. Ever since then my memory sucks. I can't focus and I get a headache everyday.

The only thing I take for fibro is lamotrigine and topiromate. The only relief I get is from cbd gummies.

The only thing I take for fibro is lamotrigine and topiromate. The only relief I get is from cbd gummies.
Just curious..............if only the CBD gives you relief, then what is the purpose of the other medications?

Try taking CoQ10, Folic Acid and Alpha Lipoic Acid in the morning. Has lifted my Fibro fog about 50%, which was getting totally out of hand, and had to be sorted as I work as a writer!

I take the lamotrigine because if I don't take it for some reason I get a flare up the same day. Yet i still get flare ups if that makes sense.

Ok thank you!! I will try those!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back