Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
09/2012
Country
US
State
NY
Does anyone else suffer from this, and in what ways does it affect you? I have problems with simple math, comprehending what I read, (have to re-read things), organizing thoughts and sometimes remembering names, etc.

Fibro fog is a biggie in my life. Never been good at math and now I am even worse. That goodness for computers. I use my computer for simple math and balancing my checkbook. While I love reading I have trouble saying some words out loud and staying organizied. I use lots of note pads and lists to do today and calenders. I hate it when my watch batteries die and I have no idea what the correct time is, again thank goodness for computers. Never could remember last names even as a child. I made a lot of new friends but could never remember their last names and that used to really bug my parents.

So again your not alone in this brain fog business. If only there was a cure. :)

I have fibro fog and is awful, I don't know if it's linked to my depression or not, but lately my fibro fog has gotten far worse! I'm having a lot issues with simple math and understanding what I read or hear. Which saddens me because I used to be as sharp as a surgeon's scalpel when I was younger... now I have the memory of a 90 year old lady with Alzheimer! It's awful, I really wonder if this is any way linked to my chronic depression? Last years I've been trying not to think to much and drown any kind of complex or scary thought every time one pops up.

Ughhh... the dreaded fibro fog. Yes, I struggle with it a lot too, even though I've managed to reduce my fibromyalgia pain to almost nothing. My brain just doesn't work well most of the time, and then I go through periods were my brain feels so completely lazy that I can't possibly think through anything.

I've found that taking vitamin D3 does help (from a source we can actually absorb like sheep's wool - super important to check the source on any vitamin you buy since so many sources of vitamins are not actually digestible and absorbable.) It helps my mood in general, which helps ease that "lazy brain" feeling. It certainly isn't curing or fixing the fibro fog though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back