Fibro fog

T owen

hi I have really bad fibro fog this is just only one of my symptoms I have loads more when I get fibro fog my head gets so groggy my speech goes bad I jumble my words when I go and make a cigarette I fall asleep it can take me an hour to make one I drop it constantly also think it's time to give up I feel in slow motion I can't even walk straight when I get it I ended up in hospital last week as I fell asleep on a chair and fell off and banged my head really bad it's just such a struggle when I get it it puts me in bed

Jemima

Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
11/2019
Country
PT
Hi T owen,

I relate so much to what you're going through. I've had periods just like that when my fibro was really flaring - felt like my brain was truly broken! Losing things, struggling with speech, forgetting everything, making mistakes - even crashed my car once! I found that the more I got my stress levels in check, worked on pacing, and sleep hygiene too, the better all of this stuff got. So, I really recommend reading Sunkacola's post (pinned to the top of the General discussion section) about managing fibro, and implementing anything that you're not doing already. I also found supplements for mitochondrial support helped with the dreaded fog. This was CoQ10 and Alpha Lipoic Acid for me, which I still take every day. It's not perfect, but I feel like way less of a train wreck these days!

I hope you feel better soon, and that your poor head's OK 🤞

T owen

Hi Jemima thank u for you're reply it's going to be so useful to me in been looking at people's posts on here and I recon this site is going to help me so much as I'm got so much to put on here as my whole body is affected so once again thank u for you're reply 😁😁😁😁

Jemima

Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
11/2019
Country
PT
Hi Jemima thank u for you're reply it's going to be so useful to me in been looking at people's posts on here and I recon this site is going to help me so much as I'm got so much to put on here as my whole body is affected so once again thank u for you're reply 😁😁😁😁
That's great to hear - I really hope so! Ask away if you have any questions, and vent any time ☀️

Badger

@Jemima
Very interesting to read about the supplements, and wondering what might help.

@T owen
Please take care, easier said than done, it goes to show how hard Fibro can hit. Atb

JayCS

Very helpful member
Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
02/2020
Country
GE
Just for the context and from personal experience: It's not side effects (sfx) from meds or supps that are making this worse by any chance?!