Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
09/2009
Country
FR
State
Lot
:(Hi everyone. This my usual time for feeling the need to talk. I have had Fibro for seven years, starting after I had to retire from my deputy head job and from working altogether because of a total calamitous breakdown.
That is always rumbling in the background and now my Fibro, due I think to the events of 2009 is gradually taking over my life and really causing problems with family and friends.. I need to sleep for about 14+ hours every day and if anything happens like a visit, appointment or something different from my normal routine I feel like death the next day and crawl my way through. I feel sometimes it's getting so bad I don't want to wake up. I am on virtually every med. known to man and it's all rubbish, I feel, particularly at these middle of the night moments that I can't bear another 20+ years like this, if I get that far. I know I'm a burden and a mystery to my family and few friends. Sorry for the huge moan.

Its fine to moan fibro is a huge burden and its a struggle. The same happened to me lots of high stress probably a breakdown..never fully getting back to resilient emotional well being..then fibro hit out of the blue.

Maybe you are on too many meds...do they all really help? I know you feel a burden to your family boring to your friends. I do as my fibro has got much worse but they love you. vent on here about your daily problems pain or how it affecting relationships.

We can listen if nothing else and there are lots of nice people here who can support you. Take Care

Welcome. What pills have you had? Have your tired amitripoline to help u sleep.because I don't no weather u no this ,but we don't go into all stages of sleep, that's why u can spend hours in bed but not feel any better.im on 70mg but u start out on ten. I take it at bed time and yes for a while u will feel like a zombie but it's worth it .

SLEEP, deep sleep is most important. I found taking a muscle relaxer with my Trazadone at bedtime really helps.

I take amitryptaline, pregabalin and tegretol for the pain at night in addition to diazepam, sertralin for my depression and anxiety, and also cocodamol, statin and beta blocker. I feel I'm rattling! Can't drop them cos when I do I feel even worse and pain is beyond. Also I fall apart cos of the depression.
I just wish I could get family to be a bit more understanding. I feel so guilty when I have to go to bed or don't cook for everyone and feel they think I'm lazy.

Hi stir wall,I'm so sorry your so upset, I am new this forum and have never been able to speak to anyone who understands how it feels to be this way so take comfort in the fact that your story has made me feel a bit better in the fact that I am not alone in mine :) have you tried acupuncture? It really helps with my mood, pain, digestion and sleep, i go once a week. I also use an acupressure mat which I lie on when I feel it's all to much for me and it really helps with the pain and calms me down! I also have tried many meds but am constantly trying new "cocktails" as my body seems to adapt to them over time so keep trying with your doctors, I recently started tapentadol which is the best pain relief I've had yet and for the first time since diagnosis I can sleep through the pain!

It's very normal for depression and anxiety to go hand in hand with fibro. You are a champ and a survivor. We here know that! There is a possibility your statin drug is increasing your pain level. I'm not saying go off of it, just be aware and do some research on it speak with medical providers about it. I'm making serious life changes to avoid going on those types of drugs. No fun but I can't bear to go down that rabbit hole. I react poorly to almost every medication I take. I even developed hypersensitivity to a particular children's sunscreen. I think I also read recently some blood pressure meds can increase pain levels as well. Good luck!

Oh I understand the pain you are going through. Might be that you are going through a rough patch of the disease. The disease cycle has its highs and lows. Just learn to record your actions and food intake to determine the triggers and trigger points. Have you tried warm compresses and a hot bath before sleeping? You try to relax since stress is directly proportional to the pain you are bound to experience. By the way, talk to your doctor on whether you can start hormone therapy. It is very effective.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back