Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
08/2016
Country
US
State
CA
Hi all, apologies for what may be some dumb questions, but i have only recently been diagnosed with FM and i seem to have more questions than answers at the moment!
Q1. I seem to tick many of the 'ailments' boxes, but not all, especially when i read about the amount of pain that many of you suffer. I get a degree of aches and pains but nothing on the scale of others. I also don't seem to have all the painful pressure points that seem to be 'required' to be a fully paid up member. Does everyone get all the symptoms to the same degree, do they get worse and i am just lucky so far?
Q2. The initial reason for visiting my GP was due to a breathing issue. I partake in long distance swimming events and up until 18 months ago had never had a problem with my breathing, even after 7 hours of swimming. Also i smoke medical marijuana and it never influenced badly on my health. But almost overnight i seem to have become really short of breath and struggle to swim a few lengths without being out of breath. I have had many detailed tests/examinations on heart and lungs and researched this quite thoroughly to no avail. Does anyone else experience a similar issue?

I ask these questions as i'm not sure if i have something other than FM, and this was just a 'best guess' by my GP, or maybe the breathing and FM are unrelated separate issues.

Kind regards and thanks for letting me join your forum.
Mark

Q1, short answer is no, it varies from person to person. For some the pain and fatigue makes its impossible to work. Others however are able to hold down jobs. Now do they get worse? depends on the person.

Q2. I have had muscle spasms in my chest, which makes me light headed and some difficulty breathing. The spasms subside usually within a few minutes though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back