Reason
Undiagnosed
Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
US
State
TN - Tennessee
For years I've been told I had neuropathy, then pheripherial neuroopathy, and last year Charcot-Marie-Tooth Disease. I just saw a new neurologist and he did lots of test, including a MRI of the brain and he's ruled out everything neurological. But, he does think it's Fibromyalgia. I don't know whether to start at the top of my head or the bottom of my feet with my symptoms. I have tinging in the ears, frequent headaches, shoulders, arms, hands, back, hips, legs, feet hurt. Legs, feet, arms have a burning tingling most of the time. If I do anything physical I'm down for a couple of days. My toes feel like they are turning under and cramp every night. I have cramps, spasms in my legs all the time and sometimes the pain will start in my calf and go all the way up to my hips. I can reach for something and my fingers will lock up in distorted shapes. Last night I reached down to get something and my wrist turned under my forearm and the pain was up to my elbow. It took about 10-15 minutes before I could straighten my hand out from the wrist. I haven't read much about the cramps or locking of the joints on the Fibromyalgia sites. Does anyone else do this? My next visit will be to a Rheumatologist I guess. But, having said that what can they really do? I have excellent doctors at Vanderbilt in Tennessee. I know it's hard to get up but even laying in bed hurts. Oh, and I don't get any good sleep. Any words of encouragement will be appreciated. :?:

I have muscle spasms in my legs, feet, and back that make movement difficult that my doc says are fibro symptoms. Muscle spasms can also cause you to feel like your joints are locking up when it is actually the muscles tightening. If you're not taking a muscle relaxant, you might ask your doctor if they are really debilitating. I take them when the pain gets unbearable. Baths and hot or cold presses can also help. Electrolyte imbalances can cause spasms. Some say calcium, maganesium, vitamin D and potassium can help. I take them all. (Banana a day for potassium.) Follow up with the docs at Vanderbilt if you can. I am sure someone there specializes in fibromyalgia. There is no wonder drug, but you can try to treat the symptoms. Eat well, exercise gently, get as much rest as you can and don't give up. Take care.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back