Fibro or something to have checked out? I feel like a hypochondriac!

Status
Not open for further replies.

AmazingPickle

Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
05/1994
Country
US
State
OH
Does anyone ever feel like a hypochondriac? How do you know if its just a new fibro flare up or something you should have your doctor review? If I went to the Dr. every time I had a sharp pain in the gut, or random pain in my spine I would be living at the clinic.

I feel like I don't know what is "real" versus what is fibro related.

Currently I am bloated, my bladder is acting up, and I am so fatigued I can barely make it through the day. I have felt this way for the last week, do I call the Dr or wait it out?

Has anyone put a symptom off thinking it was fibro related and it ended up being something else?

AmazingPickle, bloating and urinary urgency and fatigue can be symptoms of fibromyalgia, but if you do not have tender points at the typical sites, your doctor will not likely diagnose you with fibromyalgia.

Abdominal distention due to excessive gas occurs when you eat to much dietary fiber, you have a food intolerance or gastrointestinal infection. Gas in the intestine can press on your bladder and irritate it. Fatigue can be also caused by gastrointestinal issues. So, maybe think if you can make some diet change, first.

It took me awhile to understand my new normal. My brain wanted to go to anxiety over every twitch and pain. I now have come to a place of tolerance. Granted it is scary at times because chest pains can really freak you out. Cranberry pills can be very helpful for some bladder issues. If I feel uti coming on I dose up and then take those supplements with meals 3x a day for a few days. I know I have kept off antibiotics multiple times doing this. My md does not believe it but I know it's true, I lived it. You might get some gut relief with a good probiotic....not the cheapest stuff you can find at the store...the kind vitamin specialty shops carry with 20 or more types of probiotics in them. Ibs, leaky gut and utis are all very common with fibromyalgia. Wheat elimination may be a good place to start. There's something up with sugars for me personally as well. It's a challenge finding the balance of getting what you need from medical professionals and coping with the side effects that are unpleasant.

Don't talk to me about bladder omg the tests I went through,but if u suffer from UTI then u should go to the dr.
U do learn to ignore most of the random pains as Fibro.
But it's like anything else if u got a temp them changes are its not Fibro,

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back