Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
01/1989
Country
CA
State
ON
I have very bad pain in my lower back and legs and feet. Does anyone have similar pain?

Lately I have had pain in my back from over-doing on housework, but not severely so. Have you had a doctor check you out as it might be a arthritis in your spine or a pinched nerve? Not every symptom is a direct result from having fibro, other more serious health problems can happen as well. Hope you feel better soon. :)

I do, but it's hard to say whether it's fibro or something else. I do have arthritis in my back, and that can cause many of those symptoms as well. I can tell you the one tell tale sign of a fibro flare with me is my knees hurt, burn, or are generally irritated.

No lie, I got a pair of skinny jeans a few weeks ago, and the fabric against my knees was highly uncomfortable. It was driving me nuts.

There really isn't a definition of what pain is Fibro and not. It could be, or it could be sciatica. That is extremely painful! I only had sciatica when I was pregnant, but it was horrible.

I have pain in those locations, and I think it definitely is Firbo pain for me. It gets a lot worse when I don't sleep well or I have done something that uses up all of my energy. I have been seeing a physical therapist and he is suggesting that the pain I'm feeling is myofascial pain and is made worse with Fibro. We have been working on some stretching and yoga to help ease it a little and so far we have seen some progress, not really close to what I would say was normal but I'm not laying in bed all day anymore either.

There really isn't a definition of what pain is Fibro and not. It could be, or it could be sciatica. That is extremely painful! I only had sciatica when I was pregnant, but it was horrible.

It's possible. I have arthritis in the back, which causes narrowing of the spine, which causes sciatica. Yes, sciatica is pretty awful. It's a different pain, too.

I've noticed that Fibro tends to be more of a dull or throbbing pain. I find sciatica to be more searing. Both are equally obnoxious.

I agree that all pains must be examined, and not dismissed as early signs of Fibromyalgia. People that think they may have this condition should make an appointment with their physician, and then, ask them who they would recommend as a doctor that could find out for sure if they have this condition, and, know the correct type of treatment.

Yes, it could be the fibro causing this type of pain. One thing that happens to us fibro patients is an overreaction to exertion. So, even doing simple tasks like housework can cause us pain during or after that activity. You may want to look into new sneakers, or orthotic inserts for your sneakers. High-heels are a big no-no. Sitting for too long can slow circulation. A heating pad on the legs can give you significant relief. Physical therapy may help, as well as light massage. Be sure to get enough magnesium, vit. D3, and B12. I hope you find relief soon!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back