Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
07/2012
Country
US
State
OR
Has anyone done the epigentics fibromyalgia test and was it worth it? It;s $700 which my insurance does not cover. I spoke with the scientest about it and he said it has a 93% accuracy rate which is high and it RULES IN that you do Have Fibromyalgia and not something else.

Thinking about doing it to see if I can stop doing other tests.

Would like to hear from you how you felt after you did it.

Thanks!

i went to Epicgenetics website to get more information on what the test consists of.

it did not give me a clear definition of what the test consists of. they want you to call them so they can explain the test.

from what i read on other websites it does not rule out lupus and the other things we are tested for before being diagnosed with fibromyalgia.

you will still need the other tests.

As i also have lupus that test would not be helpful to me.

as this is your second post about this company,it leads me to ask.

do you work for them or the schools they work with?

I don't work for or with them. But I found out about the test in my search. I called and spoke with one of the doctors on staff because it was a bit unlcear to me also. He said that it RULES in that you have fbro and that your pain receptors aren't geting the stuff they need. But they don't have a cure. The readon I might do it is then if I know I have this then I can stop looking for Lupus or other things that I have been having doctors look for. I keep looking and looking because I have been told fibro is secondary to something else being wrong with me. I just want to be fixed. Not so thrilled with just accepting this bad stuff. And I have a ton of pain even though I am on heavy pain medication. Nothing has helped much.. not lyrica, gabapentin, advil, prednisone, and a bunch of other bad meds I;ve tried. So I keep seacrhing. Would love to hear from those who HAVE had the test done. If you felt if put you at ease.

As me and cemetryme have both posted on this for u,I'm guessing your not going to be happy unless someone tells u they have had it.
Only u no weather u want the test .there no way finding out what someone else's test results are is going to help u.
If I had the test and was telling u I had fibro how's that going to help u.
It seems a lot of money to me.
So what do u think your going to get from here ,if u want support were here ,but if your not going to reply to anyone unless they have had this test I'm not sure what we can do .

you will still need to have the MS test and lupus test. fibro mimics those and many others.
your insurance will require the doctors to do those tests anyway.

as your insurance will not pay for the testing. that means its not a proven test or approved by the FDA and other govt agencies.

i believe you said you were diagnosed with fibro already.

lyrica and gabapentin are nerve blockers that do not reduce pain in any way.

why are you doubting it. think you mean that fibro has secondary things that come with it.

there are ways to reduce pain levels without the hard meds.

i am on Morphine and some are on Oxycodone.

fibromyalgia has many things that come with it, like chronic pain,fatigue, nerve damage.

coming to terms with it will help reduce your pain. getting this test will not in any way reduce it or help you know that you do or dont have MS or lupus.

keep researching what fibromyalgia is.

in the two years ive been on this forum everyday i have never heard of the test or anyone even speak of it.
they say this test has been around since 2013.

i hope you find what you are looking for. if we can help you like we have so many others please ask us what you would like to know.

Even if it say positif fibro you are still dont know what to do. The doctor just say its just in your ****ing head. Then begin series of pain killer which cost you a lot of money. Lyrica gabapentin amitriptylin ibuprofen that make fibro worse. I just rely on suplemen like panax ginseng l arginine vit c vit d cq10 . Magnesium and devil claw before sleep . It give better result than what doctor gave me. I wish know this forum earlier.

I just started a few vitamins . Magnesium vit E And vit D as it's cheaper then I get from the Dr but not as strong.still better to have something none I guess.

those vitamins will alter the immune system and you have a chance of it helping or hurting. everyone's body processes the vitamins and drugs differently due to how our immune system works and how our fibro brains work. research the vitamins just as you would the meds.
If you have lupus, you dont want to take anything that will alter the immune system. read about the vitamins as some do say in big red letters at the top. if you have an immune system disorder or lupus do not take this med. my fibro will not let remember the name of the one i want you to check out.
it begins with a C. sorry.

i found the name that if you have lupus do not use this. chamomile tea or anything that has chamomile in it.
i pretty sure thats the one.

Yes if u have not had test for lupus or any of the rest that's the first thing u really need .at the end of the day if u have theses tests and there clear,that will tell you if u have fibro itself .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back