Fibro vaccine

Status
Not open for further replies.

LuisC

Iheard the FDA aprroved a clinical trial to check if bcg vaccine could help with fibro. It seems that the study has been abandoned perhaps there's no funding. Anyway, I am wonder if anyone has tried bcg vaccine and see and improvement in fi ro symptoms
Thanks in advance

Hi LuisC,

One of our regular posters, @JayCS was discussing the dubious backstory behind the study. You can read what he shared here - clicking on the blue spoiler bars to get all the details!

Because of the strange scenario that drove the study, I can't help but feel a little sceptical. Sadly, I think we'll just have to wait and see if anyone deems the research worthy of picking up again.

I had the BCG as a teen and still wear the large scar that it leaves. Of course, an unpleasant vaccine doesn't seem so bad in comparison to fibromyalgia. As to whether more doses might help, I'm not sure that it's something anyone could test without access to a study like the one proposed. Perhaps someone else who experienced the arrival of their fibro before receiving the vaccine would be able to share some insight - I'd be curious to read that too!

Last edited:
Anyway, I am wonder if anyone has tried bcg vaccine and see and improvement in fi ro symptoms
Brilliant and charming question... While unsuccessfully re-searching if anyone has ever done so...

The Emperor walked under his high canopy in the midst of the procession, through the streets of his capital. All the people standing by, and those at the windows, cried out, “Oh! How beautiful are our Emperor’s new clothes! What a magnificent train there is to the mantle; and how gracefully the scarf hangs!” No one would admit these much admired clothes could not be seen because, in doing so, he would have been saying he was either a simpleton or unfit for his job.
“But the Emperor has nothing at all on!” said a little child. “Listen to the voice of the child!” exclaimed his father. What the child had said was whispered from one to another. “But he has nothing at all on!” at last cried out all the people. The Emperor was upset, for he knew that the people were right. However, he thought the procession must go on now! The lords of the bedchamber took greater pains than ever, to appear holding up a train, although, in reality, there was no train to hold, and the Emperor walked on in his underwear.

BTW: a) "FDA-approved trial" means nothing much, specifically not that they think it's a good idea,
b) the idea to try the BCG vaccine was solely based on a hunch by Gillis, who is an entrepreneur, not a doctor,
c) his site stated/claimed he had got quite some funding by selling the FM/a test, comparing those numbers it should've been enough,
d) the researcher - who he hadn't told that he was still using the trial as a carrot for selling the FM/a test - said Gillis had given the idea up.

Brilliant and charming question... While unsuccessfully re-searching if anyone has ever done so...

The Emperor walked under his high canopy in the midst of the procession, through the streets of his capital. All the people standing by, and those at the windows, cried out, “Oh! How beautiful are our Emperor’s new clothes! What a magnificent train there is to the mantle; and how gracefully the scarf hangs!” No one would admit these much admired clothes could not be seen because, in doing so, he would have been saying he was either a simpleton or unfit for his job.
“But the Emperor has nothing at all on!” said a little child. “Listen to the voice of the child!” exclaimed his father. What the child had said was whispered from one to another. “But he has nothing at all on!” at last cried out all the people. The Emperor was upset, for he knew that the people were right. However, he thought the procession must go on now! The lords of the bedchamber took greater pains than ever, to appear holding up a train, although, in reality, there was no train to hold, and the Emperor walked on in his underwear.

BTW: a) "FDA-approved trial" means nothing much, specifically not that they think it's a good idea,
b) the idea to try the BCG vaccine was solely based on a hunch by Gillis, who is an entrepreneur, not a doctor,
c) his site stated/claimed he had got quite some funding by selling the FM/a test, comparing those numbers it should've been enough,
d) the researcher - who he hadn't told that he was still using the trial as a carrot for selling the FM/a test - said Gillis had given the idea up.
:oops: Yikes - that's depressing stuff, isn't it! Thanks, @JayCS

Yes, I fear that this isn't going to manifest as a beacon of hope for us lot. What a shame.

depressing stuff ... isn't going to manifest as a beacon of hope
Better not let ourselves get depressed from it, better for those who have had hopes disappointed to try to continue to nurture this hope feeling inside (intrinsically), maybe fibbing ourselves a bit that whosoever meant well, interpreting the hope-time as a positive help, not letting the disappointment get to us too much, by looking into the future for the next motivation/hope, but
take it as a lesson to learn how far it makes sense for us personally to rely on others to get motivated or rather increase self-motivation 😌
Ah, that reminds me I'd written a really big long piece a few weeks ago about how to grieve, motivate, hunt, track & analyze and haven't posted it here yet - I'll do that now. It's probably all equally important, at least if you're inclined, so spoilers may help structure it, I'm not sure, or maybe I'll do one long and one structured/spoilered version?

continue to nurture this hope feeling inside (intrinsically)
YES to this!

It's probably all equally important, at least if you're inclined, so spoilers may help structure it, I'm not sure, or maybe I'll do one long and one structured/spoilered version?
I think post in whichever way feels most comfortable to you. Many of us will pour over it, either way! 👀

I had the BCG as a teen and still wear the large scar that it leaves. Of course, an unpleasant vaccine doesn't seem so bad in comparison to fibromyalgia. As to whether more doses might help, I'm not sure that it's something anyone could test without access to a study like the one proposed. Perhaps someone else who experienced the arrival of their fibro before receiving the vaccine would be able to share some insight - I'd be curious to read that too!
Just found an open tab I hadn't read thru yet, on the "Phase II Clinical Trial: Multi-dosing the BCG Vaccine for Fibromyalgia" (clinicaltrials.gov).
I don't get why Faustman estimated the end to be Jan 1, 2023 (defined as last date a patient is seen): if the last patient'dve been vacced let's say Jun 15 2022 for the first time, then surely the patient end'd be Jun 15 2024 and the complete study'dve been published end of 2024, I'dve thought...
Estimated Study Start Date : January 1, 2022
Estimated Primary Completion Date : January 1, 2023
Estimated Study Completion Date : January 1, 2023.
("Recruitment Status : Suspended (No funding at the current time.)" since May 27 2021; before that "Not yet recruiting" since Jan 27 2021)

Interesting, and again a bit odd that nothing adds up 🧐

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back