Fibro +

• Thread starter User Requested Deletion 36696
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
U

User Requested Deletion 36696

Two years ago I tore my achilles & ever since it's not been the same, constant pain, tighter in the mornings or after being still for long periods. I've been seeing the physio for a year now, but don't seem to progressing. The physio seem to think that my condition isn't as bad as my pain is..

I've been to the doctors & told them I just feel 'bleugh' but with no real symptoms to describe. They do tests etc but nothing comes back. Is this a bad Fibro day/week? I feel like a right fraud wasting their time when they could be dealing with someone with real issues. (yeah i know Fibro is real but you know what i mean)

I came off my bike last week, nothing serious.. chain snapped on a hill climb & I ended up on the floor, grazed hip & knee.. pride demolished. The scabbing/healing process hurts like hell (is this fibro?) I think i hurt my back too as my sciatica has started playing up & today I feel like i've been rear ended by a truck. (fibro?)

Tonight & most nights I can barely walk through joint & muscle pain & the mornings take me at least 1-3 hours to get to a place where i feel mobile enough to get out and about (fibro?)

I guess my question is, does Fibro make the pain from other conditions worse? all the time? or just when my fibro is bad?

(i'm a biker thru & thru. I can't do the 500+ miles a week I used to but i'm not giving it up. I'd rather go through physical torture than the mental torture (i'm schizophrenic/bipolar))

Hi GrumpyGit - loving the username!

I read that alongside creating widespread pain, fibro can amplify our experience genuine pain signals. I have an old lower spine injury from a horse riding accident and a neck injury from a car accident - both play up horribly whenever I'm in a fibro flare.

Even though fibro symptoms ebb and flow, they never go away completely, so I suppose it stands to reason that your fibro could be exacerbating your injuries all the time. That said, you may be able to calm things down through management - it's hard to know because we're all so different!

The feeling of being rear ended by a truck and finding getting going in the morning really hard are both 100% familiar to me, so you're not alone in that! It's also possible that the adrenaline from your bike accident ramped things up, alongside the physical damage. Frustrating stuff, eh?

I think it's so impressive that you are staying so active. I was also very athletic back in the day, and can appreciate the feeling of being robbed and the hope to retain a semblance of fitness - it is so important for mental health. Good luck in keeping it up! 💪

I've been seeing the physio for a year now, but don't seem to progressing. The physio seem to think that my condition isn't as bad as my pain is..
Might be time to change - and maybe another form of physio?
I've been to the doctors & told them I just feel 'bleugh' but with no real symptoms to describe.
But you're not just fogging over loads of pain everywhere by being a GrumpyGit are you? :D (Typically male? ;) )
The scabbing/healing process hurts like hell (is this fibro?)
Not necessarily, but immune system may be a connection (with no evidence as yet).
I think i hurt my back too as my sciatica has started playing up & today I feel like i've been rear ended by a truck. (fibro?)
Run over by plane, train, truck, rhino... the Big fluey-type Ache? Fibro. Rest, sleep, pace, cold shower, cryotherapy....?
Back pain? Independent, but increased thru fibro. Acupuncture, acupressure, chiropractic, stretching; ibuprofen or naproxen?
Tonight & most nights I can barely walk through joint & muscle pain & the mornings take me at least 1-3 hours to get to a place where i feel mobile enough to get out and about (fibro?)
Fibro, as rheumatism/arthritis has been excluded. Stiffness? Probably the tendons, not the joints. Cryotherapy and acupressure helped that a bit, but it was GABA that has reduced that to 1 minute for me.
No real symptoms to describe, ey? 😏
I guess my question is, does Fibro make the pain from other conditions worse? all the time? or just when my fibro is bad?
Always treat each separately is what I recommend. I've had 4 decades of back & gut pain and skin itchiness. I'd got them all under control before fibro. And I can't say any of them got worse. But they all add to it, that's the problem. And sometimes you don't know where to look first, cos it gets so much. And may have been part of causing it. So I've been working hard at getting them down even more than before. But clavicle pain from a bike accident came up again thru fibro, my osteopath tried, but it was my acupressurist who got it gone completely. Once I'd got all my pains down, I still had sleep problems, exhaustibility and the Ache. I get the Ache down by pacing and better sleep, exhaustibility with GABA and sleep problems is the hardest one, but it's getting better thru GABA and other amino acids.
My fibro is bad, i.e. flares up when I don't pace enough, i.e. keep activities incl. down to 2-3h, energetic activities down to 30-60 mins. And if I'd stop all my many self-treatments. This at the same time makes some of the other conditions worse (30 diagnoses if I count small ones), e.g. by not being in the condition to (be able to) treat them.
So, after thinking it thru: No, not all the time, at least in my case.
(i'm a biker thru & thru. I can't do the 500+ miles a week I used to but i'm not giving it up. I'd rather go through physical torture than the mental torture (i'm schizophrenic/bipolar))
Great! I'm a biker too, but in the sense that I don't ever drive a car, so I cycle 30'-90' per day to and fro, and thankfully I'm always overtaking e-bikes again since GABA; but no racing bike etc. At the moment I'm realizing that it's actually pretty painful, probably always has been (feet, hands, arms, neck backside), so I'm working on that. Probably have to change the thin "sharp" saddle on my best bike soon - not sure if there'll ever be a perfect saddle for me, since all sitting is a pain. But since my leg energy is no longer restricted to bursts (GABA, acupressure) I can stand on the pedals for longer/more often again. And my acupressurist is now working on my backside
I used to experience quite a bit of mental torture (bit hyperactive, social phobia, bad relationships) - short sharp powering on machines in the gym helped me more there. Since GABA I can try that again.

Last edited:
No real symptoms to describe, ey?
Yeah, I didn't make that clear. Sometimes i can feel like complete turd for a few weeks with seemingly no real reason & I end up going to the doctors & they do blood tests etc & nothing comes up on the results. So I end up feeling like i've wasted the docs & my own time.
Great! I'm a biker too
I don't have a car either. Biking takes me everywhere, well it used to, but I can still get where I need to get these days.

And thanks for the thoughts on the other points, too many to reply to but it'll give me something to read, re read & digest over the coming days.

Appreciate all the replies & advice.

with seemingly no real reason
So the object of the exercise (all! our fibro-exercise) is to try to find out what exactly turd feels like... 💩 🤣

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back