Not open for further replies.

Jado

Reason
Caregiver
Diagnosis
04/2020
Country
UK
I am a caregiver of an old woman, she`s got the diagnosis which is fibroma of the lungs and she switched from the smoking to vaping, what do you think is it better as she thinks?

I think it's still early days with regards to studies on vaping. I'd like to think vaping is the lesser of the two evils given all the additional carcinogens and chemicals in smokable tobacco, but that's just based on what seems like logic to me. As for a definitive answer, I think we'll have to wait for more research.

Most studies now are saying that vaping is every bit as bad for the lungs as smoking. If you think about it, that makes sense. The lungs are not designed to inhale ANYthing but clean air, and doing anything else is going to do damage. Most especially if the lungs are already compromised.

there's no need to vape, anyway. Tinctures are widely available (that's what I use) and work just as fast and just as well. Other edibles work great too, but need about an hour to go through the system and start working. sometimes I do some tincture, and follow up with a gummie, which starts to take effect when the tincture starts to lose it's effectiveness. You can experiment to see what works best for the person you are caring for. But try to talk her out of the vaping.

Fibroma is not the same as fibromyalgia.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back