Chocolatelegs

Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
12/2019
Country
UK
Hi.

Had M.E / CFS for around 20 years and fibromyalgia for around 2 years after a back injury. In November I caught Covid, which was a relatively case with headaches and loss of taste and smell. After about a week I started with extreme fatigue and numbness in my limbs and head. Also had severe brain fog and short term memory loss. I constantly forget what I am doing and where I have put things down. It is now February and I'm still having the same problems. I'll have a relatively good day followed by 2 or 3 days where I am wiped out and can breathe get out of bed and concentrate. I've had blood tests which show liver damage and I'm currently tapering off duloxetine as it may cause liver problems but doctors think it was the covid. I've moved over to pregabalin which so far have massively helped with sleep compared to the duloxetine. I'm currently signed off work sick with diagnosis of long covid. Has anyone else had the same experiences and can share what they have found useful for coping. Thank you in advance

There are literally tens of thousands of people who are experiencing long term effects of having had Covid. A lot of research is being done on that, but they don't seem to know much yet.

I had what I now think was probably Covid starting Nov 2019. I finally felt fully recovered in early February 2020, just when we started hearing about the virus, and I never connected the two until months later, when the experts started acknowledging that it was probably spreading a lot earlier than originally thought, just not in such great numbers. I have experienced long lasting effects of it, although not as badly as others have. I think probably in your case just doing all the things that are recommended for dealing with FM would apply to you, and might bring about some ease of symptoms; at the least, will help you to cope with what you've got.

In time, when there's been more research, maybe more information and help will be available. Some of it may benefit those of us with FM, which has long been an overlooked area of medical research.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back