Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
05/2010
Country
US
State
Oregon
I have Fibromyalgia and one of the fun things that seems to come along with it is IBS, or "Irritable Bowel Syndrome." I do everything that I can so that it stays under control, but lately it's been a challenge. Besides eating well, drinking water, and exercising, can anyone else let me know what other things might help with it? I try not to stress, but I am very unsuccessful with that most of the time.:lol: Thank you for any and all suggestions that you may have.

I take a medication that is very nice, it helps a lot with my IBS. But generally speaking my IBS is under control most of the time, unless I eat really badly, a lot and spicy things, otherwise it's all good for me. No many tips to be honest, just try to drink as much water as possible and if you suffer from constipation (like I do from time to time) then take some psyllium before going to be with two glasses of water. Problem solved :D!

I've been taking Magnesium Malate for pain and fatigue. I got a boost from it, but also calming of IBS. Since it can cause diarrhea at higher intake, it has worked wonders for my constipation. Other symptoms remain, but I'm happy to find something that helps three issues without adding more drugs for each thing.

Cool, I will add that one to my list! I think my mom took that for a very long time as well. I didn't know it could help with constipation, something I have to deal with from time to time! Have you noticed any side effects from taking it? I ask just in case, I know almost every drug comes with a set of side effects :(

Trellum, I have no side effects. It's a supplement, not a drug, that some docs suggest using for fibro.

Thanks for the info, loftpat. I might seriously give this one a try after a bit :) My IBS has been acting up lately, but isn't so hard to manage, it still is good to have a good supplement under the sleeve tho.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back