Not open for further replies.

WItoVA

Diagnosis
01/2013
Country
US
State
VA
I was just diagnosed Jan. 31 after 4 months of doctor visits/tests/MRIs, etc. As a man with fibro, I'm feeling a little on the outside, but my wife also has fibro (and lupus), so I have been able to compare symptoms with her and discuss what helps the pain and what aggravates it. Still trying to deal with the thought that this is chronic and not likely to be reversed unless a cure is found, but I'm also relieved that it's not one of the other conditions the doctors were testing for.

Re: Hi!

Welcome to the forum. there are a few other men here and so you will have someone else, besides us women, to chat with about the effects of your illness. I am sorry both you and your wife have this illness, but as you say your supportive of each other and that is a big plus when dealing with any type of disorder. There are loads of topic's to choose from and answer other peoples questions, or start a topic of your own. Look forward to seeing and reading your posts and the sharing your thoughts and opinions all over the forum. Have a good day!

Re: Hi!

Hi, welcome to the forum. You're not the only man with fibro, but I do know it occurs much less often in men.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back