Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
06/2020
Country
US
State
GA
Happy new year! I am pretty new to this site. Back in june my oncologist felt super strong i have fibromyalgia. I have many of the typical symptoms talked about. My question is when i have an “episode” can it cause my scar tissue where i had my tumor removed be more painful that usual?

I have noticed that my scar area from a breast reduction is much more sensitive now. It gets super itchy and anywhere that my bra touches in the scar area gets really irritated - not so much painful as really sensitive - kind of bruised feeling.

Interesting. I'd think this would happen too. My TCM/acupressurist is always keen on treating my scars, making them more supple. Not sure if that has helped me, but I can theoretically imagine that scar tissue being less supple can change the body balance, leading to all sorts of pains. She also told me that the small scars nowadays from micro-invasive operations may look better on the outside but cause more scar tissue inside according to their theories. My appendix/Meckel's pouch scar from the 70s is 10cm long. I think my osteopaths treated the scars too in some way, but not as keenly as my acupressurist.

I feel that any physically sensitive area can be felt more with FM, alongside the 'no reason for this pain' aspect. But I remember a doctor telling me that we should not assume any particular pain is a FM pain, but get it checked out to make sure there is no other reason.

Interesting to read about scar tissue becoming sensitive with fibro, as a scar I have had become more sensitive to the touch since I’ve had an onset of symptoms, and wasn’t sure if this could be linked. It’s a bit of a minefield with all the different sensations

I feel that any physically sensitive area can be felt more with FM, alongside the 'no reason for this pain' aspect. But I remember a doctor telling me that we should not assume any particular pain is a FM pain, but get it checked out to make sure there is no other reason.
This is entirely true and good advice to keep in mind.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back