Not open for further replies.

Yatte

Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
RSA
State
Gauteng
We all have different religions and belief systems. Some of us use our religion to strengthen our spirits, while other use it as a means to healing. I have heard a few people mention that since being diagnosed their believe and relationship with God has been strengthened and this helps them cope with what they face.

How does your beliefs influence you and your view of your disease?
Would you say that by being religious you cope easier with being sick all the time?

I hope this tread do not do harm in any way , it is just another way of learning what people use to cope, and might even help some of us.

Personally, if I had no belief system in place I would not be here today. My belief strengthens me and guides me every single day. I know their is a purpose for what I have faced and what lies ahead. I am not worried about my future, as much as I worry for the sake of others of whom do not believe in anything. I trust God and have faith in his guidance and direction.

Being in pain is a way of life. Accept what medications can do to help, but I don't depend on them, or get dependent on them. My life is simple and not controlled by others opinions or fashion, government whims or the electronic age. I only truely trust in my salvation and have faith beyond the measure of time and space, that God's word is true and never-ending.

Being ill with fibromyalgia, in a way is a gift. It makes a person humble and realize you are not in control of everything in your life. It redefines what is important and not. It has given me a more compassionate heart. I see that others suffer too, and life is not all about "ME" and "my wants or desires." It is about helping others, one person at a time. And being thankful I have this opportunity to be of help to others.

Oh my.. I must be horrible.
I don't beloved in a god. I'm more of a believer of nature and science. There is a natural order of things. We live, we cock about while we're here and then we die. Some of us if lucky have a lasting impact on somebody's life be it big or small but we all end up dirt in the finish.
I have mixed spiritual ideal most of which conflict with one another but then if I was to describe myself in one phrase it would be "a contradiction in terms"
I like to help people too but unlike you Sweedy you lovely sweet person I think I am less sympathetic since being struck down and comical.
I guess I got that from me mum and nan. We come from a long line of *****es. Lovable *****es but we are or can be a bit gruff. I don't like to see people just give up and be lazy. I think you should be willing to at least try and help yourself before relying on others. I had a brother in law with a bit of arthritis and he would make excuses for why he couldn't do anything and would just sit in the kitchen with his head on the table nearly all day. No fatty... get off your arse.. get some fresh air and you will feel a bit better for it.
I do feel for people in pain.. I really do, but if I can get up and go to work and do my housework and I see people not as bad as me acting like a blob(and I'm talking about people I know well in this not just making surface assumptions) then I'm sorry but I suppose I'm not very sympathetic.
now you know how horrible I am

I am a christian woman. And I do believe in the power of prayer. I do not want to speak for everyone. But I think sometimes when we suddenly have to face hardships or a crisis. We either become stronger in our faith. Or we find a faith that was not there before. You know, if everything is just peachy we don't pray as often. But the minute something happens we are on our knees praying. For people who are not religious or even those who are. I think one thing we should all definetely believe in is a positive attitude. It can greatly determine how you handle yourself and how others percieve you. A positive attitude can be a wonderous thing.

The influence of psychosocial factors on pain experience and patient response has received increasing interest and recognition. Patients with chronic pain from several sources usually report that religiousness and spirituality are important in their lives.

I guess I could be called agnostic. I believe something happened, spiritual or whatever. I don't know what and I don't really care. I've got too much to worry about to be bothered about pleasing some God who has to be so mysterious.
Just going by a small thought here. Nothing to get worked up over. I thought the bible didn't like deceit such as lies and magical tricks, but God hides himself. Maybe he did show himself to some people, but that's not all.

My belief system is not try try and please some distant God figure...it is more to have a better relationship with Him by being kinder to myself. God , for me, is always there and always will be, but when I try to force solutions or control outcomes I'm shutting Him out. So for me, to have a relationship with the God of my understanding is a very personal one....which allows me to hand over my pain and worries and to let go of them. That's really important for me.
There is purpose in my illness....its an exercise in not being alone with it. Its a means of practice for keeping down my barriers to God. If it wasn't this it would he something else. We are all sick in some way. My illness allows me to KNOW my powerlessness, which in itself is empowering.
So yes spiritual belief helps me enormously....but I had to despair of God to really gain that relationship. I had to go though the thinking of 'why me' and 'where is God' in order to understand my own blocks or barriers to Him. God has always been there waiting for me to be able to see.....I had to make a descision to see......and develop a willingness to accept before I could develop a willingness to let go and to heal.....Faith is a journey.....and it always seems to involve some sort of whales belly or spiiritual desert that has to he journey'd in order to get to the other side.
Fibromyalgia is just part of that journey. I've had some other lessons to live through too. Pain comes in many forms......but each form allows me an opportunity to let go and let God x
I hope that makes sense lol. I know what I mean lol

Personally, if I had no belief system in place I would not be here today. My belief strengthens me and guides me every single day. I know their is a purpose for what I have faced and what lies ahead. I am not worried about my future, as much as I worry for the sake of others of whom do not believe in anything. I trust God and have faith in his guidance and direction.

Being in pain is a way of life. Accept what medications can do to help, but I don't depend on them, or get dependent on them. My life is simple and not controlled by others opinions or fashion, government whims or the electronic age. I only truely trust in my salvation and have faith beyond the measure of time and space, that God's word is true and never-ending.

Being ill with fibromyalgia, in a way is a gift. It makes a person humble and realize you are not in control of everything in your life. It redefines what is important and not. It has given me a more compassionate heart. I see that others suffer too, and life is not all about "ME" and "my wants or desires." It is about helping others, one person at a time. And being thankful I have this opportunity to be of help to others.

WOW...I am completely with you. Ive been reading your comments on other threads..They are informative and encouraging. Thats the way to go...
I dont know how some people live without something to believe in...what hope could they possibly have?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back