Undiagnosed
Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
US
State
LA
Good Day All,
i ve been diagnosed with FB one month ago and still in the face to understand my body, my pain and slowly starting to adapt to this new life style.
I stopped smoking cigarettes one year ago but i started vaping instead which we all know that it is a little bit better but still bad for you.
Eventually i will quit this s... too but i would like to know if you guys completely stopped smoking/vaping or not.
What s your story and suggestion about smoking/vaping with FB?

Oh boy, this is a loaded question for me :oops: Because of my horrible history of surviving ARDS 4 years ago (which I was told had absolutely nothing to do with my smoking and 100% to do with H1N1/sepsis/pneumonia), I did quit smoking for a year and a half. It was horrible. I tried nic gum, lozenges, meditation, couldn't stop the urges. In 2018 I started vaping--the depression, stress of medical bills (that nearly killed me a second time to pay off), and PTSD were unbearable. I had to...
Then my mother-in-law and father-in-law both died, my daughter and husband both had serious health crises, too. I went back to smoking again.
Kept trying to quit. Kept trying to just vape. Then the TV blew up with warnings about vaping.
FF to present time>>>
Just DX with fibro in July, just found out my August chest CT shows mild lung damage from ARDS/ventilator.
Like I said...oh boy.
Now I try again. No cold turkey for me, got a tiny little e-cig and only smoke 3 cigs a day for now.
I personally think vaping is harder on my lungs than actual cigs--I am not a heavy smoker most of the time anyway.
As for how it helps or harms fibro? I do not know. I know it can't be GOOD. But either is deep depression?
And either is a ventilator or being on oxygen.
I am not ok with the possibility of being diagnosed with pulmonary fibrosis anytime soon, so I have face up to the reality:eek:

It is very strongly recommended that people with Fibromyalgia not smoke. It is horribly bad for every single person, as we all know, but it is most especially bad for people with FM. Quit now, and don't look back.

Vaping is every bit as bad; there's no difference, and this has been proven with many scientific studies now; some even say it is worse.

Smoking or vaping cannabis is also just as damaging, and should not be done. I use a tincture form of the cannabis and this is what I recommend if you are going to use it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back