Relative
Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
uk
State
Scotland
Does the weather affect fibromyalgia?,

My sister in law and my mother both suffer from fibromyalgia. and are practically confined to the house during the cold damp winter months. However now that it is summer in the UK, they tend to feel a bit better, and seem in less pain,allowing them both to become more active.

I would be interested to discover how the weather affects you?

Yes weather greatly affects my symptoms... I live in an area that is known for its winters, lots of snow and very cold, which really hurts my body when a storm rolls through, also spring time sucks for me with all of the pressure changes, rain, wind, temperature fluctuations... Summertime is a little easier on my body unless we're getting lots of rain storms and pressure changes... Fall, it depends on if it's an easy going gradual change or all over the place..

Yes, in a major way. My whole ability to function is highly dependent on the weather, specifically barometric pressure. Very sudden changes in weather cause the fibro pain, but slow-normal weather changes just lower my energy levels, ability to think well, and cause me to ache a bit.

I live in a place with no mountains and high winds, so major storms can come from out of no where very quickly. Summer is full of regular lightning storms (often with hail and tornados,) and winter lasts 6-8 months and can dump so much snow so quickly that it's impossible to open doors or drive. It's no fun.

The weather effects me BIG TIME, we have been having lots of rain here in Canada and I really suffer, My whole body is in alot of pain before it even starts to rain. The weather impacts my life a great deal.

Interesting to see that the weather effects others in this way. This spring has been so frustrating for me because the weather went from warm to cold to rain every few days making me feel awful. I thought maybe the weather was clearing up but it started raining last night. I just feel so icky and achey today. My mom called to cancel our plans for today for the same reason.

Weather does affect my symptoms! It seems I'm aching all over during the cold months, I also seem affected when it's going to be a really bad storm season. For some reason storms really affect me, specially my wrists. I think I could have arthritis, but been checked in the past and turned out I didn't. I could swear it's the joints in my wrists the ones bothering me, but docs said nu!

Like Siderea, for me the biggest thing is barometric pressure. Whether it's hot or cold matters less to my symptoms than whether it's a low pressure or a high pressure. On high pressure days I have brief moments when I remember what it was like not to be sick. On low pressure days, I feel like even breathing is too exhausting.

Winter was sooo cold here and very hard on me. I could barely walk or get out of bed/off the couch. It hurt sooo bad. This year has not been too much better. I have some good days, but we've had lots of storms and rain still lately and it is really hitting me hard. I have many aches and soreness everywhere. Better than winter, but still not so good.

The weather affects me horribly. Whether cold or hot. Heat and humidity are the worst. I feel as if my body is on fire. In the winter when it is cold, my body aches and there is a feeling of a cold burning numb feeling. I dread snow in the winter, it just feels so cold coming down, I feel it deep in my body. When the barometric pressure drops, and heavy rains come through, all I want to do is hide in bed as my whole body will ache and protest. I'm just miserable in most any type of weather.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back