grace navarro

Diagnosis
05/2013
Country
PHI
State
Cavite
Hi Guys,

I really don't know how to start this, it's been a while since I've tried to communicate with other people about my situation. It's very hard to discuss this even with my doctor because as far as I know there is a small number of people who has the same condition as mine here in our country. So its very hard to discuss what i feel and my current situation. One thing Im so sure is that I know I need cure but what i really need is someone who can actually listen and understand or who can relate to what im going through that if I am going to talk they wont look at me as if what im going through is very impossible. Though it started to changed the whole me a physically i persisted to become the better person I can be by trusting the lord and his purpose for me. By joining this i am hoping that someone can truly understand me and can relate with me on how to leave and survive this mysterious disease :):)

Hi Grace,

I'm glad you joined this forum. I joined a couple of weeks ago because I was feeling so lonely in my situation. I have found this site to be supportive and informative. I'm glad you found us.
It is very difficult talking to friends, family and even doctors about this disease. Something they cannot possibly understand. I am a Christian and also trust the Lord. I pray everyday for strength and some sort of purpose on this earth. Not a day does by I do not question it.
I was a nurse for 20 years. I am no longer able to work and I am so very lost. Although taking care of my children is a great purpose, I still struggle daily.
I wish I could tell you it has been easy, but it isn't. That is why I sought support too. I needed to know I was not alone.

I'm am wondering what medications you are on for treatment, if you are willing to share. Also, what other things are you doing to help.
Wishing you well.

Thank you also for welcoming. I am currently taking gabapentin, norgesic forte but ive consulted new doctor, im lucky i found in this forum
one doctor whose specialization is our case. He wants me to take cymbalta and ALA something.. for 100 days, cymbalta once a day and ALA two times a day. I don't know and i dont have any idea what is the side effects of these medications. How about you what are u taking?

For my personal life, i am working as a school staff and I'm still single. You know what after this fibro, i have so many plans for my life, but it changed, it was like my life rotated 360 degrees. I don't know sometimes i was thinking is this really true, or am i just dreaming? There's a lot of changes happening to me. Im not actually good in writing and expressing myself but knowing that there is someone who can understand me means a lot.

Well, I'd tried also some physical activities whenever I can.. This is my favorite, I will lock the door of my room turn on the music, facing the mirror, and imagining myself that i am a superstar performing; singing and dancing.. i did it for an hour,. i danced simple steps whatever my body feels i express it in a dance, it becomes my exercise i did it twice a week and it helps me.

I hope you can share also some of your routines.. Thank you and God be always with us

Hi Grace,

I take Lyrica, Tramadoel ER, Celebrex, and Prozac for depression. I tried some of the other meds for fibromyalgia. Sevella made me cry all the time and Cymbalta did nothing for my depression. Everyone is different in the way they respond to medications. Others do well on this medicine.
I think your dancing and singing is great! It is great exercise and an outlet to just let go.
I use my eliptical machine and do yoga/ pilates. It has really been wiping me out lately so I have taken a break from it. Having severe fatigue after exercise is common with CFS.

Hope you have a blessed day!

Hi Grace,
I am so glad you found this forum. While we all suffer from fibro, we are all wondering just as you do how it came about and what caused it to effect people from all over the world. To date we have no answers and so we offer support and understanding to all who come here that are so sad and depressed, and lost. This website offers answers and information about fibro and cfs, in a effort to give those who come here hope and friendship.

I wish I had the magic pill that would cure us all so we could lead healthy normal lives again. Wouldn't that be wonderful. In the mean time I might suggest that you start a new hobby that gives you something to look forward to each day. Ideas might be painting or sewing, nature walks or doing jigsaw puzzles, reading or listening to books on tape, or yoga, or even just writing in a journal helps to push away depression.

I like doing photography for fun and walking in the woods. Wildlife comes up into my backyard and I take pictures through my windows. But what you do like your singing and dancing, is a wonderful thing. Please keep coming here and sharing and we all will help you deal with your sad days, as well as, your happy ones. :)

I think the nature of the disease makes you feel lonely. My sister feels that way. My symptoms mimic this, and it might be Fibromyalgia, who knows. I know it can feel like your life has been ruined. My sister feels that way, and so do I. I am having the worst time copping with the fact that I can not seem to get anything done. I don't like how others are treating me, and even my doctor makes me want to lose hope.

All I know is that we can not lose hope. We have to hold on to our faith and know that whatever this plan is, it is meant to be. Somehow, I wonder if this will not make me a stronger person emotionally. In this situation, refining copping skills seems like all there is left to do. You are not alone, there are so many people suffering like you. Here, you can have your voice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back