Jenl1580

Diagnosis
09/2012
Country
US
State
TX
I am new here. Diagnosed about a yr ago. Today is terribe. :cry:
34 yrs old. I realize now that all my problems over the last few yrs all come back to this.

Re: Hi

Welcome! I am 34 as well, new here, and now realizing that all of my problems come back to this. It's a lot to take in, but it's nice to have people here who understand and listen. :)

At least now I can really say I'm not a hypochondriac or crazy. :)

Welcome! Sorry to read that you are having a bad day. Hope tomorrow will be better for you.

I just wish everyone around me could understand.

I just wish everyone around me could understand.

It took me awhile to accept that nobody around me gets it and they probably never will. Sometimes if I take a big step back and try to see things from their point of view I almost understand why they don't get it and it makes me feel a little better. I try to focus on the fact that at least I finally know what is wrong with me and that there is, actually, something wrong with me. I'm not just weird, or lazy, or crazy. I actually have some justification for the first time in my life as to why I am - me, even though nobody else gets it.

Keep your head up, vent if you have to, we listen, and get it. :-D

Welcome to the form. Others in your life may not nor never get it, but we do. Please come often and join in by asking questions or sharing your thoughts on other posts. As you can see there are several different topic sections and lots of places to share how fibro affects your life.

Life with fibro is a pain in more ways than one, but at least here you can learn new coping skills and find out about medications and their side effects, and vent if you feel the need and make some new friends along the way.

Happy for you that you found this forum. :)

It has been a really bad weekend for me. I just started on Provigil for the fatigue and I hate it! I have not slept well in 3 nights and my pain seems to be 10 times worse!
I also take cymbalta and metaxalone. The cymbalta seemed to work great in the beginning but not so much now. Anyone have any experience with Lyrica? I am thinking of trying that. What I really want to do is give up! I just want my old life back!

I have been taking Lyrica for a week on Friday. So far I do not feel any different. Normal beginning "medication side effects" such as dizziness upon standing, tiredness, insomnia, etc. I have also noticed that I have increased "electric shock" pains. However, I am also coming OFF of my Gabapentin as I start the Lyrica, so there is no telling what is withdrawal and what is side effects...

I just registered and this is my 1st post.

As my user name implies I'm been diagnosed with fibro "like my mom". She was diagnosed in the early 1990s and struggled with the pain, fatigue and various complexities of the condition for many years. She passed away a few years ago after having Alzheimer's.

The day I was diagnosed 3 months ago I went into a funk because my mind sped forward and imagined that I would be "like Mom" but I have sensed now that everyone's journey is truly unique. I will cherish other ways I'm like Mom (as she was a very kind and gentle spirit) and know we share this too, but I have to pray and discern how to chart my journey. I've begun by quitting my high-paying, high-stress job and going back to school to learn something totally different. I have found it has been a choice that involves a lot of faith but also releases me from having to explain to others why I'm not myself or on my game... I can truly take this situation and allow for an encore phase in a new field.

I hope my future posts will be an encouragement to others when I'm strong, a source of information when I'm confused and a source of community when I feel alone. In all, God is good and faithful!

It is really not easy having fibromyalgia. My friend complained that since she got diagnosed with it, she starting suffering a lot of pain and it even affected her career. She's gone into more natural methods to help her alleviate the symptoms and it's working well for her so far, although of course it's not like before anymore.

Hi Jen! Welcome to the forum! So sorry to hear you were diagnosed with this, but don't worry, things get better as time passes by and your coping skills grow. At first when you get a diagnosis like this things seem so dark and grim, but once you get over this stage things get much better. There will always be bad and good days tho, but that' why having a good circle of friends and family is important. Joining and participating in this forum is also a good move, you have no idea how much this forum has helped me! You will definitely find a lot info here and learn more about coping skills. Stay strong and hang in there!

It is really not easy having fibromyalgia. My friend complained that since she got diagnosed with it, she starting suffering a lot of pain and it even affected her career. She's gone into more natural methods to help her alleviate the symptoms and it's working well for her so far, although of course it's not like before anymore.
Understand about the impact FMS has on career...I decided to leave the stressful daily routine and it has helped. I know that's not an option for everyone but stress tends to escalate the symptoms and create more, so if your friend can find ways to de-stress that will help and give perspective.

What kind of natural methods? Can you be more exact? I ask because I am also trying really hard to take a natural approach, not only with fibro, but also with my other issues. What's working for her to handle her pain? Mind telling us?

If Fibromyalgia sufferers take your advice they will be less frustrated. I have Fibromyalgia, and it is hard for my family to understand what I'm going through. Your tip here is a smart one to remember when people around us seem distant. Thank you for this uplifting post. All sufferers need to stop feeling sorry for themselves, and, find ways to cope with their life, that has so drastically changed to them. We can focus on how to improve our physical, and mental well being, and leave other people's attitudes to themselves. We can try to help them understand, and, look at thing from their point of view, like the one that from this post clearly explained it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back