Not open for further replies.

alice_hale001

Reason
DX CP
Diagnosis
01/0219
Country
UK
So i have recently been diagnosed with having fibromyalgia, I constantly lose my train of thought/ concentration, and also suffering from chest pains. I never get more than 4 hours of sleep, i usually just use paracetamol for the pain but it's not really effective. Does anyone have some ideas of how i can get more sleep and reduce the chest pains? Like is there a particular mediaction someone used and has worked please let me know.

After having unsuccessfully tried lots of chemical & herbal meds & supps: osteopathy, TCM/acupressure & physio-back & yoga exercises help for my chest pains, soft topper on my mattress for joints and chest, which needs to be hard for my back. For the 30 "causes" of not being able to sleep thru I pinpointed reasons & alleviances for each, now getting to 9h+, which apparently I desperately need. When nothing else helps, 1' cold showering never fails. So off I go now...

So i have recently been diagnosed with having fibromyalgia, I constantly lose my train of thought/ concentration, and also suffering from chest pains. I never get more than 4 hours of sleep, i usually just use paracetamol for the pain but it's not really effective. Does anyone have some ideas of how i can get more sleep and reduce the chest pains? Like is there a particular mediaction someone used and has worked please let me know.
I don't have experience with the chest pains, except in the form of anxiety attacks, so I cannot help you with that. I would like to suggest to you that rather than looking for a medication to help you sleep, you try all of the other possible non-drug methods first. Taking medication to sleep should only be used if all other things fail, because the less medication you take when you have FM, the better.

If you research it, you will find many different things to try to help you sleep. Try them all! And, of course, try them for a while, not just once and give up on it if it doesn't work. Having chronic insomnia all of my life (since I was an infant) I can fully empathize with you.

The other thing is to do a thorough inventory of your lifestyle - what you eat and when, your alcohol and sugar intake, how much exercise you get and when, how you manage your time and energy and how you are thinking and feeling, and make changes where needed into a more healthy lifestyle. There's a post with suggestions pinned at the top of the General forum here. All of us can do with improvement in that regard, and I myself have to work at it every day and some days don't do as well with it as I recommend to people to do. But I keep working on it because leading the healthiest life you can physically and mentally is the best way to manage your sleep and your fibromyalgia.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back