Fibromyalgia likely the result of autoimmune problems

Ana I got autoimmune thyroid it wasn’t diagnosed for ages even tho I had all the symptoms maybe immune system treating is my way forward god knows I’m trying everything else 😜
Yes! The same thing also happened to a family member or mine! They were deathly ill for years getting worse until filnally the doctors connected the dots of all of the symptoms pointing to the right dx. Keep trying everything good and sharing what works for you 👏

Will do thank you lemon + welcome to the forum 😊✨✨

Oh I so hope treatment for fibromyalgia is found soon. I’m 72 and was diagnosed in my early 50s and I feel I have lost so much in my life. I hope especially for younger infant everyone with this terrible illness. 🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏❤️‍🩹❤️‍🩹❤️‍🩹. Ann

there are many studies on fibromyalgia some point to cns and some point to autoimmune system but so far there is no proof of either - more researchers lean towards CNS. The problem with reading research papers especially those that are printed second hand is not all the details are printed. Results found in mice may not translate to humans. One should look for peer review on any research results At present I accept the CNS view however with further research and peer review it might move to autoimmune view - we just have to accept that at present no one really knows what causes it

Interesting article, maybe one day it'll be recognised as an immune disorder once more evidence was found. Time will tell no doubt.
My experience with regards to diagnosis, treatment & recognition of actually suffering from an immune disorder, the NHS are slow on the uptake, advice & support. So maybe fibro is only within it's infancy of true recognition & treatment options.

Back