Tasha1978

Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
04/2020
Country
CA
Hello,
I’m new to this forum and wanted to know if there were any others who get heart palpitations as well as left arm pain with fibromyalgia.
I recently underwent heart testing and they found nothing wrong but I constantly get numbness in my arm as well as pain in shoulders and back. Also I get left Brest pain.

Hi Tasha, I am new to this forum as well. I get heart palpitations during the day. I think its from being in so much pain.
I get so discuraged when they run test and don't find anything wrong. Sometimes I feel like they think I am faking
the pain. You mentioned you get pain in your left breast. I had a small case of Breast Cancer in my left Breast several
years ago. They removed it the lump I had and took out 5 lymph nodes. It was only a half of one stage and I luckily
didn't have to go through treatment and so thankful for that. No one knows the pain we experience until they are
in our shoes...its a miserable feeling. I just want my life back with no pain

Hello,
I’m new to this forum and wanted to know if there were any others who get heart palpitations as well as left arm pain with fibromyalgia.
I recently underwent heart testing and they found nothing wrong but I constantly get numbness in my arm as well as pain in shoulders and back. Also I get left Brest pain.
Hi Tasha,

I'm so sorry to hear you're dealing with that.

For me, FM brought with it overwhelming anxiety and chest pain, which defo made me worry about my heart. In terms of palpitations specifically, I experienced them terribly when I was taking Cymbalta. Are you taking any medications? I think sometimes we have to tease apart symptoms and side effects.

I suppose there could be other factors involved, such as a trapped nerve in your shoulder, or it could just all be phantom fibro sensation. It's so frustrating having to go through the detective process, but it's positive that your docs have been helping you investigate!

I know that stress management is vital - and probably something you're already investigating. There may be lifestyle changes or supplements that could ease what you're experiencing. It's a horribly complicated journey, I know :( Not to mention, scary when its unclear whether our symptoms are a threat to our wellbeing or not.

I wish you luck in finding relief ☀️

Interestingly, Magnesium is quite a popular treatment that some fibro sufferer seem to find beneficial - often Magnesium Glycinate. One of the symptoms of Magnesium deficiency is heart palpitations.

Hi Jemima
I was prescribed lyrica last year but wasn’t taking it. I was trying to fight it without meds cause I heard so many bad things about it. The palpitations started at the beginning of January this year.
i just read another post from someone who responded that the heart palpitations could be due to the pain I’m having.
so far it’s been 2 months that I’m taking lyrica but only 50mg a day so last night I raised the dose to see if it would help.
it’s true that doctors don’t really show interest in FM and it’s so frustrating dealing with this! I joined this forum to get some sanity back. Just talking and venting might help with my anxiety. Thank you for taking the time to respond 😀 I’m also looking into supplements like magnesium and b12.

Hi Cricketburke,
Thank you for replying to my post. I’m sorry to hear about the breast cancer. I had a mammogram done last month and everything was fine. But it makes sense what you said about the palpitations being maybe caused by the pain I’m in with FM.
it’s so hard to explain to people what we are feeling with FM no one seems to understand it.
im exhausted at the end of the day after work and most days go home with anxiety and cry. I’m taking 75mg of lyrica a day and Tylenol arthritis. It doesn’t always help though. I’m so afraid to up the Lyrica dose cause of all the side affects.

Hello,
Tasha,
i have been diagnosed with FM last august and been part of this group almost right after.
i know what you are feeling..i had and have the same. unfortunately is normal. nothing wrong with your heart, it s FM pain.
think that before i got diagnosed i went to the ER 3 times in less than one year cause i thought i was having an heart attach at 37. everything was good and actually remarkable. so they sent me to a reumathologist and he told me it was fibro.
My left arm muscles hurt from my elbow up to my shoulder and split going in three directions, one to my left upper back, one to my neck and one to my left chest. muscles are in pain and our brain perceives that and start to worry about it and sent impulse to our heart and muscles that shows throu palpitations.
not pleasant at all but unfortunately we have to be strong, find something that makes us feel better and get our brain distracted.
this is what i m experiencing. the more i distract my brain, the less pain i feel.
i do some yoga and thai chi which is incredibly slow and boring. However i find that it helps.
i ve been prescribed with gabapentin but does not do much. actually i think it s almost 3 weeks that i dont get it and i feel the same.
i have pills for anxiety and those are good when you are not able to distract your brain. they help but dont get a huge amount. i think mine are 50mgs.
Hang in there my friend..we are all going throu the same and we can all help each other...at least throu a computer :)

Tasha,
i have been diagnosed with FM last august and been part of this group almost right after.
i know what you are feeling..i had and have the same. unfortunately is normal. nothing wrong with your heart, it s FM pain.
think that before i got diagnosed i went to the ER 3 times in less than one year cause i thought i was having an heart attach at 37. everything was good and actually remarkable. so they sent me to a reumathologist and he told me it was fibro.
My left arm muscles hurt from my elbow up to my shoulder and split going in three directions, one to my left upper back, one to my neck and one to my left chest. muscles are in pain and our brain perceives that and start to worry about it and sent impulse to our heart and muscles that shows throu palpitations.
not pleasant at all but unfortunately we have to be strong, find something that makes us feel better and get our brain distracted.
this is what i m experiencing. the more i distract my brain, the less pain i feel.
i do some yoga and thai chi which is incredibly slow and boring. However i find that it helps.
i ve been prescribed with gabapentin but does not do much. actually i think it s almost 3 weeks that i dont get it and i feel the same.
i have pills for anxiety and those are good when you are not able to distract your brain. they help but dont get a huge amount. i think mine are 50mgs.
Hang in there my friend..we are all going throu the same and we can all help each other...at least throu a computer :)
Wow I’m actually crying reading your post. I’m so happy that you replied to me and it took a weight off my shoulders. I did heart tests even heart sonogram and was in the hospital 4 times cause I thought I was also having a heart attack. The doctors made me feel like I was crazy. Your post has helped me ans I thank you so much. It’s so hard what we are going through but I think I’m in the right place with this forum to at least get and give emotional support! 💕💕💕

Wow I’m actually crying reading your post. I’m so happy that you replied to me and it took a weight off my shoulders. I did heart tests even heart sonogram and was in the hospital 4 times cause I thought I was also having a heart attack. The doctors made me feel like I was crazy. Your post has helped me ans I thank you so much. It’s so hard what we are going through but I think I’m in the right place with this forum to at least get and give emotional support! 💕💕💕
i know..i was between pissed off and wtf when the docs from ER were like..oh you are absolutely fine, just follow up with your primary doc.
now i laugh on it but at that time i was like...alright, i know i m not crazy, i know that i have real pain and i m glad that you are telling me that my heart is remarkable...but why do i feel real pain??? Also my wife sometimes was like..nah..dont go to the ER.. i m sure you are ok. cause she does not have it and she did not understand what i was going throu. now she knows :)
But listen, the truth is that the "unknown" scares us especially when it comes to our health...and not knowing what you have when you know that you are in pain it s hard.
Bright side..now we know what we have. yes, it sucks. yes, docs dont know what they are doing cause no matter what meds they prescribe you is always a trial. but..it s not deadly thanks God. With some limits but i can still enjoy my daughter and wife :)
my suggestion, even that it is very difficult is...set your brain right and you ll see that it will be a little better. And believe me..i m still working on it :)
Than, find your new balance which it can be with food you eat, drinks, activities (gym, yoga, thai chi, not so heavy sports) or whatever make it is better for you.
there is a guy, Sunkola, that i m sure will answer you as well. i think he is the administrator of the group. he gives a lot of suggestions and they are all really good. try and see what works for you and keep us updated.

I’m also looking into supplements like magnesium and b12.
It sounds like you're approaching this from a really positive angle. I'm so sorry that you've experienced being dismissed by doctors - it's just the worst feeling when you're afraid and need help. I'm just starting with magnesium glycinate, so I will report back in a while with how I get on!

Hi Tasha, I too have a script for 75mg of Lyrica. I have tried a few of them, and don't like the effects is
has on me. Its crazy and makes me feel crazy. Horrible drug. I am now in a funk of exhaustion after going
to numerous doctors. They tried me on Gabapentin and No I couldn't take that either. The only thing I can
come up with causing my FM is, I was on Benzo's for about 12 years from anxiety and depression. My psychiatrist had been
feeding me alternates of Konopin and Xanax all that time. I spent 2 weeks in a hospital detoxing off of those drugs.
We never know what they are going to do to us...I have been taking magnesium and b12 now for about 6 months,
they help but seem to wear off during the day. Just wish I could find something that works and gets me out of pain.
Take care of yourself, hopefully some day they will find something that will ease our pain.
Cricket

Yes, have experienced all of this from time to time, as well as chest pain so bad I thought I was having a heart attack. I also went through all the testing for my heart, everything normal, my blood pressure, cholesterol, everything in good range. Just another aspect of fibro to deal with when it crops up.

For these types of pains (back, ribs, chest, joints, etc.) gentle physiotherapy - osteopathy, acupressure - helped me, got/get all single pains down (Achilles just started up again after one year, my acupressurist got them gone again after one treatment, but continuing there too).
For heart palpitations I use mindfulness, autogenic training, progressive muscle relaxation, self-hypnosis, gentle exercising (& cold showering).
I've been to emergency check my heart too, long before fibro. Funnily enough now only due to getting everything checked the docs found I did have a high cardiovascular risk due to high blood fats - a strict Mediterranean diet and blood meds do the trick.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back