Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
8/2019
Country
US
State
NC
Hello, I was diagnosed about a year ago. Does anyone have a symptom of severe head sweating?

Hi Belinda,
I am diagnosed and suffer sudden head sweats and night sweats, drives me crazy.
Do get your go to check you out though as can be a sign of other stuff.
I definitely have a maximum heat tolerance which is not very high tbh.
x

Hi there. I find that I have an optimum heat tolerance and it is very limited. My husband jokes that I need a new thermostat!

I sweat like crazy but never thought it was related to Fibromyalgia. I take drugs that are known to cause sweating such as Effexor, but still. The sweating is so out of control I've had to resort to carrying a washcloth with me. My boyfriend calls my Elvis. :)

Reactions: RLG
I too get the severe night sweats and they can be so uncomfortable. For a long time I put up with it because I thought it would get better after my menopausal symptoms settled down. I am well on my way over menopause so unfortunately this sweating (heat wave) is here to stay.

Reactions: RLG
I have had horrible sweats since I was diagnosed five years ago but for the last two years I can’t take it anymore. It’s unbearable to even go outside in the summertime. Even in my house which we keep at 69 degrees all the time, my face turns bright red, I sweat every where and I lose my breath like I’m having a panic attack. I start to hyperventilate and this is with just cleaning the house with the central AC pumping. One day my fiancé had to throw me in a cold shower I was burning up so bad. I can’t stand it. Like one other poster mentioned on here I take drugs like cymbalta that raises your body temp but I’m going to make sure I mention this to my doc next appointment. I haven’t even been to the beach The last two summers and I live at the beach. :(

Thanks everyone for your replies! I’m glad I’m not alone! I have talked to my doctor several times about it with no success. It can be the dead of winter and I’m outside and I will start to sweat and can’t stop! My head will be soaked with sweat dripping off of my hair onto my clothes! It is so embarrassing, and I am desperate for a solution!

Has anyone had their thyroid checked.I know that the thyroid is also responsible for regulating body temperature. Just a thought. More than twenty years ago I was diagnosed with an overactive thyroid. It is under control now but I still have thyroid antibodies floating around in my body. They might still be causing some issues. For me it might be a combination of fibro and thyroid issues. It's just another thing to look at.
Hope you are all having a nice day.🌹

I am actually menopausal, so... sweats? Yeah, for sure. BUT, I know beyond doubt that what I was experiencing late winter just prior to my DX was far beyond normal hormones. I was on fire all night in the coldest temps of winter. 20 degrees out and I was sweating, burning. Then my worst pain flare ever began. Then, finally, DX with fibromyalgia ??
Now, I am having terrible difficulty regulating my body temp, freezing cold in the hottest summer temps. I did have my thyroid checked--normal.
EX--today I was so cold I was shivering and teeth chattering. It was sunny, breezy and 75 degrees. Earlier this week at work it was 82 degrees and I sweat buckets, like pouring out of me. Menopause? Fibro? Don't know. Only know for sure I have Raynaud's, as my blue toes today showed.

Hi,
I have had the sweating issue for a long time as well. I know how embarrassing it is. I was given clonidine 0.25mg to help with the flushing. I am not sure if is worth trying, but you could speak to your doctors about it. I have learned to carry a fan everywhere, dress in layers, and I find running my wrists under cold water. Hope someone of these things help and soft hugs to you all! ❤️

I carry a fan as well and a spritzer bottle!

I carry a sweat towel in my car with me too!

Thanks for your reply! Hugs to you as well!

When I go to sleep I usually have to be pretty warm, round the middle of the night I often get hot, then cold again.
So I have a thicker and a thinner (natural) blanket/duvet wrapped around me, which I then swap. I always have cold but need warm feet tho,
the amount of (cotton) socks this summer went up to three, day and night, plus often hot spelt pillows, except the hotter days. Bit of Raynaud.
Sounds like you, RLG? And, similarly, breezes quickly increase the fibro-ache to a max.
Whether or not I have Hashimoto/thyroid isn't clear to me from what my various docs are saying (Sjögren's is being tested)...
Now I've gotten on to short cold showers against the ache, I've realised it helps me sleep too, but also against hot flushes at daytime.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back