Fibromyalgia symptoms are getting worse and I'm feeling terrible

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello,
Are you able to comfortably get into a bathtub? I have found a nice hot (not burning hot) bath does wonders when my hips start acting up. I use the tub for anxiety, muscle spasms (legs, back) and pain. I’ve found that if I close the shower curtain while in the tub, the heat lasts longer. I have a “massage” bubble mat, but u til I get the bottom of the tub prepped, I cannot use it. It holds down with suction cups, and this tub surface doesn‘t work with the mat. That was also very beneficial.

I am so sorry that you feel so down. I am living on my own and have trouble doing my household chores. You are not alone. It's hard but you will feel better with your limitations once you accept a new way of doing things. I do a bit of work and rest. It may take me the whole day to change the sheets on my bed but it's a great feeling once it's done. Please feel the love and support of this group. We are in this together.

Hi MrsB, You know what would help me if I felt like your husband (you're lazy, etc.)? If someone handed me an article that talked about how people used to think FM was a mental health disorder/laziness but then science discovered it is based on physiology then I would start to change my mind. If you could tell him you understand why he thinks that, and then tell him lots of people in his position did also until there was proof it is physiological, you'd be giving him an easy out...

Attachments

• 14F38871-0759-4FD3-A4DB-9D514FC54739.png
    14F38871-0759-4FD3-A4DB-9D514FC54739.png
    605.3 KB · Views: 57
  • C13ABA8C-2B0B-424D-8EEC-F02325DB7B30.png
    C13ABA8C-2B0B-424D-8EEC-F02325DB7B30.png
    433.8 KB · Views: 58
Hey we have sat down and talked and he said he doesn't understand but a friend of mine has given me a book to read how to live with fibromyalgia and bless him he has sat down and is reading it. He has said he is sorry. Xx

Hey we have sat down and talked and he said he doesn't understand but a friend of mine has given me a book to read how to live with fibromyalgia and bless him he has sat down and is reading it. He has said he is sorry. Xx
That is great news!
Hopefully, by reading that book, he will come to understand a bit more.

I would like to know the title of that book and the author. (remember...don't post a link, just write the title). Maybe it would help others as well.
I hope his being sorry translates into changed behavior on his part. Best of luck!

Agreed , words without followed up actions mean nothing, so he has to prove consistently with help and care for you
🩷🐰🩷

100% it's called living with fibromyalgia by Christine Gragg-Hinton it's a amazing book to read xx

I can get in the bath when hubby is here as I have to stand on stool to get in as my left leg won't work half the time and it just helps a bit xx

Thanks for the book recommendation Mrsb 👍🏻

i did some light dusting ,and made a ginger cake on friday and iv just recovered , its so frustrating
am 63 and iv noticed mine has got worse as i went thru the menopause ,i feel fibro is hormonal imbalance
my periods were always to the point of crippling ,after hysterectomy on came stiffness and fatigue then the menopause more pain and more fatigue not to mention so many other symptoms , doctors give out pills to make you go away ,if they did more intensive tests esp hormonal ones i think they would help a lot more people .by getting to the route of the problem instead of just treating the symptoms

It could be the case @lonewolf 63 that your fibro started because of a Hormonal imbalance, but some people's started after accidents affecting the neck (cervical/spinal) or issues with that area, I've known of people to develope it after pregnancy/labour, a fair few (including myself) after narcissistic abuse (I had untreated autoimmune thyroid as well for a while), I don't think it's s one size fits all condition (especially when it comes to people that have had it since they were children) , ive also known of people that developed it after operations, through certain vitamin deficiencies, and a whole bunch of other things, I kinda get why the health professionals struggle to find the cause and soloution (cos it's so varied) though it would be like Christmas day for us if they could!!!!) cleaning is the worst for me, too,(
In both pain and fatigue, i find repetitive movements really challenging) ❤🐺🧡

hormones are a funny thing , they control so much in your body ,even emotions , so like you say it could be a case of the trauma of an hysterectomy i mean you are having something removed from your body. that triggers it , the same way an injury from an accident can trigger it , i mean your body will react the same way weather its an accidental or operation injury , i saw a physio who told me when his wife hit menopause a job she had done all her life she would forget how to do with mind blanks ,and she suddenly developed a frozen a shoulder without injury , the body is amazing but boy when it goes wrong its so complicated to put right , doctors need to understand that while we may have the same condition but not everyone will react in the same way to treatments.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back