Fibromyalgia with excruciating leg pain can someone help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi I live in the north east. I am going to my go on Friday and will enquire. Thanks. Take care. X

Hi Creola17 you make your own marijuana? X

I have tried CBD without any good and what would you recommend as I don’t even know what your abbreviations mean. Sorry. I have nerve pain from my spine so from my lower back including everything to the tip of my toes hurt. Not all at once but they take it in turn (it feels like that). X

Sorry, RSO is Rick Simpson Oil. It's the strongest medicine you can extract. Look it up on utube, that's where we learned to make everything. Also make lotion with coconut infused with pot and add essential oils. Have you tried tens unit? I use one alot. We put the the in the cbd oil because I find it works better. Also if you have arthritis you can juice the marrijuana leaves and add to smoothie or shake. There's a book about juicing the leaves if you are interested I'll get the name for you. I'll answer whatever questions you have if I can help.
(((gentle hugs)))

Reactions: Nan
Sorry for the late response. No one really know what has caused my spasms, it's all speculation. I'm off them now and some of my muscle pain is gone. I found out belatedly my brother had this complication, too. Who knew?

They have assigned me another non-statin to start. I am chicken to take it but it will probably be fine. It's different than the one you mentioned, Tricor. These "fibrates" class of drugs apparently can also cause muscle pain as a side effect, and I am to watch for it. I am tired of hurting.

So sorry Creole 17 sorry but not been on because I havnt been well at all. I went to drs on Friday and because I mentioned headaches to him it turned out Iv now got high blood pressure and he was more concerned about that and ignored my reason for going to see him. I wish you could give me details of marijuana that I can understand. I’m older and need everything spelling out to me. I feel useless. Love and hugs. ❤️

You are probably right Jay, that the spasms were stopped by the Gabapentin, but they don't know for sure what started them. They were not "normal," they were attacking me all over my body, it was like I was being jabbed almost one place and then another, they moved around. And they hurt! And I admit, I am scared of them. Not sure where you got the idea I was trying various statins for two days only normally. I probably didn't explain enough. I was on one statin for many years. Then my cholesterol rose. Not sure why, my internist thinks maybe because with fibro my exercising has gone way down. So my doc was going to go up in dosage but it occurred to me this could be causing some of my issues as a potential side effect. I went off it while I was being tested for MD and having MRIs of the brain and spine etc. (Why are we all so complex, right?) Everything bad was ruled out. Then we came back to my cholesterol, I was tested, it was way over 300. More depression and angst on my part. She decided to try another different one, but after two pills muscle pain returned, so I'm off all statins now. Also, some hand cramps came back. That might be incidental or not. I posted a response that seems to have disappeared, but I am now to try Tricor, a "fibrate," but it can have the same muscle pain. I wish she would not do this, but she said try and see. UGH.

Here's one place where spasms are mentioned in the Lipitor side effects:
In case your post gets deleted again, I've copied it in here, without the link.
You've probably forgotten that only internal links are allowed on this forum.... :)

My muscles are slightly too tense and since GABA, the amino acid, helps, I know that's due to too low serotonin. Cortisol ('adrenaline') can counteract that, but that makes me overdo it, causing other problems. Praps all this neurotransmitter/hormone stuff is what's causing part of my issues, but they are of course hard for research to understand. They are only just realizing that GABA does cross the blood brain barrier at all, so much to watch out for, they are so finely balanced, and me working with my amino acids was a balance challenge at first.

Sorry for misunderstanding how long you were taking the statins, probably not worth looking up.
Not sure if I've understand you right now, but: So your cholesterol rose apparently "suddenly", not generally? If generally, I think that might be "normal" and if it wasn't checked in the meantime you might not know. If you are actually exercising less that really might be a viable reason. Something I have to think about too due to my MCAS starting up. And at the moment I'm upping the table tennis, but am not doing enough exercising, cos of no symptoms. You've just reminded me that that's not the only reason. Ah, I'm off to do a two minute workout! Now. .... 7' later: OK, that was just a trick to make me get started, I actually did the full first 7 minutes of the "scientific workout". Phew. That feels good. Overdid the push-ups, but I need to get my cholesterol down, dead right!
On the other hand could the cholesterol have shot up while you put off the statin? (MD I'd think is muscular dystrophy, and not Ménière's disease?) Ah yes, I have to get my annual spine-MRI now too, see if my harmless tumour is still harmless... Yep, complex we are...
You haven't tried supps for lipids have you? I must say they don't seem to be helping much, but there are a lot ,and I am taking most of them. I'm also wondering whether my MCAS as well as the lack of mobility since the first jab in December is making my lipids shoot up.
Thank you so much for the reminder‼️

@DebMarPir Please remember that this forum does not permit outside links to be posted. Continuing to post outside links may have an impact on your ability to post here. We value you as a member and do not want this to happen.
Please read the Forum Rules and familiarize yourself with them. Thank you.

So sorry Creole 17 sorry but not been on because I havnt been well at all. I went to drs on Friday and because I mentioned headaches to him it turned out Iv now got high blood pressure and he was more concerned about that and ignored my reason for going to see him. I wish you could give me details of marijuana that I can understand. I’m older and need everything spelling out to me. I feel useless. Love and hugs. ❤️
No worries I just turned 70. You can learn alot if you watch utube videos. Look up infusing coconut oil or butter with marrijuana. Also Rick Simpson Oil. Also check there or online for list of inflammatory foods and stay away from them. Stay away from sugar and grains. I promise you will feel a difference.
(((gentle hugs)))

Reactions: Nan
No worries I just turned 70. You can learn alot if you watch utube videos. Look up infusing coconut oil or butter with marrijuana. Also Rick Simpson Oil. Also check there or online for list of inflammatory foods and stay away from them. Stay away from sugar and grains. I promise you will feel a difference.
(((gentle hugs)))
I want to say a word of caution about one thing here.
To tell another person to "stay away from grains and sugar" is making an assumption that staying away from grains will help that person, and that is not something you can know.

While refined sugar is bad for everyone, especially in excess, grains are not bad for everyone, nor for everyone who has fibromyalgia. For some, if they eliminate grains it helps. For others, if they eliminate gluten it helps. For others, eating or not eating grains makes no difference, nor what kind of grains they eat. For some people, eating a diet that includes the foods that are commonly associated with inflammation contributes to their fibro issues, for others eating or not eating those foods makes no difference.

For me, for instance, gluten causes many problems, although none of them have anything to do with fibromyalgia, and they started many years before I developed fibro. While I did some experimenting with other grains, I found that eating non-gluten grains, or not, made no difference to the fibro, so I eat non-gluten grains.
I tried cutting out those foods people say are "inflammatory" and it made no difference, perhaps because I do not actually have any inflammation.

I am just wanting to say that everyone is different, and something that helps one won't necessarily help another, and for that reason I tend to caution people about absolute statements like the one in your post, Creola.
Everyone has to try for themselves, experiment, and find out what works for them.

grains are not bad for everyone, nor for everyone who has fibromyalgia
I think it can also make a big difference if you are using them wholemeal or not, and if you use US-GMO grains or European non-GMO.
The generalized health recommendation is to try to reduce processed food, simple carbs (esp. sugar) and saturated fats.
For some conditions - like high lipids and weight - reducing all sugars, i.e. including non-refined ones, is recommended, keeping the % in things like yoghurt down to <12% - says my lipidologist. I try to keep even below that.

I think it can also make a big difference if you are using them wholemeal or not, and if you use US-GMO grains or European non-GMO.
The generalized health recommendation is to try to reduce processed food, simple carbs (esp. sugar) and saturated fats.
For some conditions - like high lipids and weight - reducing all sugars, i.e. including non-refined ones, is recommended, keeping the % in things like yoghurt down to <12% - says my lipidologist. I try to keep even below that.
That can make a difference, for sure. But which works for any given person is not predictable. For instance, most people would say brown rice is better than white, but my body will not tolerate brown rice. I eat a lot of white rice, though. The same might be true for some people whose bodies won't tolerate whole wheat or some other whole grain.
Not refuting what you are saying, of course. Just adding to it.

Just remember wheat which is in alot of processed food is sprayed with poison.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back