Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
08/2013
Country
US
State
TX
Hi I am new to all this but have had Fibro for many years but just didn't know it til it progressed badly. I have been seeing different doctors for different ailments for years with no answers. Gastro docs...ortho docs...mri's with spine docs....er with panic attacks where I thought I was having a heart attack and even a psych. and finally got a diagnoses last year. I no longer work because of ibs and chronic fatigue. I have been gluten,dairy,soy,and sugar free for 8 months. I have severe reactions to most of these foods and even tho I follow it I can't shake the ibs symptoms. Still trying to figure out weather issues as it is warm here in Texas right now but the wind is blowing and humidity is up. Thought when it warmed up I would feel better but I don't. I try to trick my brain into thinking all is well but it's not. I used to be so active til I got hit with this bus but now I hardly leave the house. I have been under a lot of stress in the last two years and I have never handled stress well. When do things improve? I just turned 51 and feel like I have lost my life. My husband is gone over half the week because he is forced to commute now and he is my only support. My kids are grown and gone and all othr family lives in another state. I have multiple chem.sensitivities to meds but take hydocodone for the worst days and a lot of other vitamins because of def. How do you cope when you are alone most of the time and keep your sanity and will to live?

Dixiesmom,
Acually I cope better when I am alone. That way I can relax when I need too and do things I enjoy. However, of late I am the sole caretaker of my mom who is having memory problems. It is a contant battle to remain cheerful and patient, and cope with her issues while mine must be forgotten for now.
But when I was alone I did easy crafts and jigsaw puzzles, watched movies and surfed the web. Anything that could take my mind off the pain for a while I did. I hated the days I had to go shopping or go out in the cold weather, now I have to do everything different.

But I do want to welcome you to the forum. Maybe you can spend more time here and read about how others cope and also learn some new coping skills in pain management and dealing with other symptoms. I look forward to reading your posts and hope you join in on the fun of meeting new friends and venting when you need to. We all understand and are here to offer support. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back