Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
01/1990
Country
US
State
IL

Hi everyone! I am at the end of my rope. I have done everything I can think of to find a doctor in my area to help me with my fibromyalgia. I need one that understands it and knows its rral. I live between Bloomington Illinois and Peoria Illinois. Any help would be very much appreciated

I want you to know you have lots of company here. It's very hard to find a doctor who understands FM.
I Googled "doctor+fibromyalgia+Bloomington IL" and it came up with a number of possibilities. Take a look, read the reviews, and see if any of them sound promising. One of them has 28 reviews and a 4.5 star rating.
Best of luck!

Thank you for your help. I will give it a try again. Wish me luck again

I would like to ask for the same for my wife. We live in Montgomery AL. She has Fibro. Some days she does well and others are awful. We know for a fact that if she were allowed to have 200 MG of Tramadol per day if needed, she could function and enjoy her life. The PITA doctor she sees will only prescribe 100 mg per day. My wife is 65 years old and is not some junkie. She just wants to function in life without being crippled in pain or so fatigued that she cannot function. If you know of a doctor within 150 miles of us that would be sympathetic to her request, please let us know.

This is highly frustrating and I feel for you. As a physician who has cared for fibromyalgia and related issues for many years, I have heard many stories of patients who struggled despite seeing many well intentioned doctors who have not the comfort, training and expertise to manage it. This is one of the reasons I wrote my recently published book , Conquering Your Fibromyalgia: Real Answers and Real Solutions for Real Pain.
the book is intended for patients and their loved ones but is also for physicians to learn more about it and treat it and manage it properly. I’m in Wisconsin and have been to Peoria but it is several hours and our system doesn’t allow video visits if you are out of state.

I would like to ask for the same for my wife. We live in Montgomery AL. She has Fibro. Some days she does well and others are awful. We know for a fact that if she were allowed to have 200 MG of Tramadol per day if needed, she could function and enjoy her life. The PITA doctor she sees will only prescribe 100 mg per day. My wife is 65 years old and is not some junkie. She just wants to function in life without being crippled in pain or so fatigued that she cannot function. If you know of a doctor within 150 miles of us that would be sympathetic to her request, please let us know.
Google is your friend.
Type in Doctor+fibromyalgia+Montgomery AL

Rheumatologists usually deal with it but it still takes time to find a good one. I found a great one who diagnosed me and now he retired so I'm back to square one but I have learned really how to take care of myself. I have to be in a great mood when trying to find a new one.

Thank you. I would love to read your book and I would be willing to come to Wisconsin to see you if you are willing to see a new patient.

I live in Nevada where there is a shortage of doctors so very little help here. The alternative doctors really help but insurance doesn't cover. So I'm basically my own doctor always researching therapies. Using essential oils and marijuana. Maybe once the virus is under control I can look for a doctor in California. I haven't given up yet.
So keep fighting!
We can do this!
And I've noticed alot of you get PT which is great but you should try doing it in water. Much easier to move.

I would be willing to see you , I just googled and is about a 3.5 hr drive to the clinic from your town. I feel bad for how long of a drive that would be and having Fibro, 3.5 hrs could feel like a 10 hr drive with all the stiffness. If you decided to come I'd want you to tell them I told you to ask for a 60 minute visit. I usually have a 45 minute for a new patient but your history is possibly complex and a lot to go over. For someone with challenging Fibro I would often want to see somebody a week or 2 after until progress can be made. If you are able to, and I don't want this to be come across as selling a book, it would be advantageous to read the book ahead of time and discuss with a close family member or friend. So much of treatment starts with education and I have only so much time at a visit to cover in a visit. This inspired me to write the book.
I cheer for the underdogs when I will be watching the upcoming NCAA tournament. In a similar way, living with Fibro is being a big underdog. I'm cheering and wanting you to do better. It also would be ideal to have any pertinent medical records sent ahead of time for me to review prior to your arrival.
I am very busy and have not had much of an opportunity to get the word out about the book, but have thought about doing some kind of webinar, zoom type meeting. I would be interested to get input from you or others on here if that would be something people would be interested in.

Hi everyone! I am at the end of my rope. I have done everything I can think of to find a doctor in my area to help me with my fibromyalgia. I need one that understands it and knows its rral. I live between Bloomington Illinois and Peoria Illinois. Any help would be very much appreciated
I have had same problem. I went thru one health system and finally convinced one doctor. Over a year now and the last 4 months have been chronic pain exactly same as immediately after my knee replacement . I was in hospital after that so they gave me pain medicine. Doctors here won't give out pain medicines and I have never had any problems with drugs. Pain meds were taken away and then left us who really need them out in the cold. I am 77 yrs old and can't take this pain any longer. I am going to another Health system. I still can't walk, or can't even function like a normal human being with this illness. I have found one herb medicine that helps a little, but I have so much distrust with doctors now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back