Status
Not open for further replies.
Diagnosis
02/2004
Country
US
State
Maine
I have noticed that the colder it gets the more my fingers and toes hurt. They almost feel like they are burning and aching. It is like I have been out side in the winter and have frost bite. Is there anything that can help this? I take 450 mg. of Lyrica daily for my fibromyalgia is there something else I should be taking or something that will help better than Lyrica?

Any help would be appreciated.
Thank you
Kirsten

1sweed

Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
01/1995
Country
US
State
Pennsylvania
Kirsten,
You might ask your doctor about a condition called Raynauds Syndrome. It causes fingers and toes to hurt in cold weather, or even in taking things out of your freezer. I don't know if there are any medications for it, but this is what I do to lesson the pain. Wear gloves at all times outdoors in the winter. You can even wear gloves in the house if necessary. The idea is keeping them warm. I wear socks all the time and even to bed. Try putting a extra blanket over your feet on top of the covers at night if your toes are freezing. Even during the day you can throw a lightweight blanket in the dryer and then curl up on the sofa and cover yourself to warm up. It is a great way to relax and take a nap or watch a movie. :)

Do a web search and read up on the condition, so you have more facts and maybe you will find a few more coping skills to share with us here.
Hope this was of some help to you. :)

Diagnosis
02/2004
Country
US
State
Maine
Thanks 1sweed thank you so much for the reply I will definitely do a web search on the syndrome. I am also going to try the blanket in the dryer thing.I really appreciate the kind words.

Status
Not open for further replies.