Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
US
State
FL
Hi, This is my first time doing this and I hope it gives my family and friends a break from me.
When I was diagnosed (about 4 years ago) I really didn't believe I had it. The only thing I knew about it was the commercials on TV for the drugs. I had a gall bladder attack and the doctors did test for almost 4 months before deciding to do surgery. By that time I had lost nearly 20 lbs. and suffered with pain the whole time. After the surgery I continued with stomach problems so changed to a new doctor. Stomach problems continued and I got below 100 pounds all my focus was on not dying. After another surgery I began researching fms still convinced I didn't have it. Boy was I wrong. I have probably had it since I was 7 or 8 years old and I'm pretty sure my Grandmother had it too.

I never understood why I was always tired and hurt and had depression. At least I know I'm not crazy now. When I was a kid my mother would take me to the doctor because I was tired. It was alway border line anemia and take cod liver oil. I would throw up every time I took it. Finally my mother decided I was better off keeping my food down. In junior high I was fussed at by my PE teacher for not touching my toes. Every summer after pushing my way through the school year I would thank God I didn't have to get up so early to go to school. In college I worked and took classes and never really had the strength to do anything else that's when every new doctor started asking if i had Lupus but I didn't. When I started teaching and got married I just thought 50 hours work weeks and keeping a family going that nobody would have energy. My husband would want to go out when he came home but I never felt like it. He has been so patient and understanding all these years.

Now I am retired and I wonder how in the world I ever got through 33 years of teaching and the normal family things people go through as they age. Every time I went to a doctor and told them my symptoms it was the same thing STRESS of course I was stressed I had no relief from the pain I was tired all the time depression was a real factor. I would go to the chiropractor and get some temporary benefit usually during the summer. I had one doctor that helped me and he went into politics.

I hate that I have burned out my family and friends with this condition all these years and hope that joining this group gives me an outlet.

Welcome Higherhope! We here surely understand where you are at. It is safe here to rant, cry, or share. There is a lot of info. on this site to help you out and someone is usually around to comment/chat.

I'm sorry you have suffered for so long. It is hard to come to terms with the limitations and especially the "chronic" part. No cure yet, but it's important to learn as much as you can and be a part of your treatment plans.

So look around at other postings and share whenever you want to. Hope to hear from you soon.

Welcome Higherhope!. you found the right place. you've got good folks here that want to help you.
Ask questions and get answers from your doctors. see my two posts. what is fibromyaglia and starting a daily log book.
theses should help you. stay strong for your family. your not crazy and not alone. reply to posts and vent here it helps all of us whe you do so.

My you have many good low pain days ahead of you. feel free to friend me and ask me questions any time. i like to share my knowledge so folks can learn and i can learn from them. stay strong!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back