Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
11/2019
Country
US
State
ID
I was recently diagnosed, but have had the pain for about 3 years. About every 4 to 6 weeks I have what I refer to as a flare up. I experience underlying chronic pain of varying degrees daily, but occasionally have a day when I hurt so bad all I can do is lie in bed. Noise and touch are interpreted as pain. I take Lodine daily and extra strength Tylenol as needed but also daily. On the bad days, nothing helps. I've tried CBD oil but it's nearly impossible to rub it in everywhere that hurts. Taking it orally doesn't help. I'd like to hear from other people who experience the same thing. Also, is there anything that does help? Thanks!

I was recently diagnosed, but have had the pain for about 3 years. About every 4 to 6 weeks I have what I refer to as a flare up. I experience underlying chronic pain of varying degrees daily, but occasionally have a day when I hurt so bad all I can do is lie in bed. Noise and touch are interpreted as pain. I take Lodine daily and extra strength Tylenol as needed but also daily. On the bad days, nothing helps. I've tried CBD oil but it's nearly impossible to rub it in everywhere that hurts. Taking it orally doesn't help. I'd like to hear from other people who experience the same thing. Also, is there anything that does help? Thanks!
I havent yet figured out what helps the pain part. I am currently looking into CBD products. I want to start with finding something that helps me sleep. I dont take any prescription meds and want to try to avoid taking those and try to help this thing without them. I think if I could find something that helps me stay asleep at night that might help. :)

Hi wencor, I have only found one thing that actually helps me, and it doesn't work all the time, or on all the different kinds of pain I experience. Medical cannabis is legal where I live, so I take that by mouth in a tincture form alongside an equal amount of CBD oil, and while the CBD alone didn't help me at all, the combination does.
When it works, it's like a miracle...pain gone in minutes. But, as I say, it doesn't always work that way and there are some kinds of pain it doesn't even touch. And at times I have to take so much of it to ease the pain that I end up feeling "stoned", which I hate. So, while it helps me, and I tell people that it 's one of the things worth trying if it's legal where you live, it's not the magic bullet. Nothing is, though. There's no one thing that works for everyone. You just have to try whatever you can and find out what works for you. Staying active is also a very good idea.

Along these lines of pain management, a fair bit of research and anecdotal reports suggest an Indica leaning strain with a THC to CBD ratio of 1:1 . Try micro-dosing the cured flower before you go to bed should you wish to optimize the Entourage Effect while avoiding cannabis' psychotropic effects during the day.

Along these lines of pain management, a fair bit of research and anecdotal reports suggest an Indica leaning strain with a THC to CBD ratio of 1:1 . Try micro-dosing the cured flower before you go to bed should you wish to optimize the Entourage Effect while avoiding cannabis' psychotropic effects during the day.
I have found that both indica and sativa strains in tincture form are equally helpful to me for pain management. The difference is that if it is daytime and I have things to do I choose the sativa, and at night before I go to bed I prefer indica, as it is more likely to relax me and help me to sleep. I do both with a 1:1 ratio of CBD.

Hi @wencor @sunkacola makes an excellent point, one with which I agree. If you choose to medicate during the day, The sativa or hybrid sativa route may be the hot tip for you. The key for most folks is (1) use the whole cured flower and (2) use a 1:1 ratio of THC to CBD. Everyone's physiology is different and you may have to tinker with cannabis strains. Best wishes re your pursuit to alleviate your pain. There was a good article last year (June 5, 2019) in the Journal of Clinical Medicine entitled "Safety and Efficacy of Medical Cannabis in Fibromyalgia". Hope that it helps.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello HighWaterMark, One thing: Not sure what you mean by the whole cured flower, but it sounds as if you are recommending smoking it.
Inhaling cannabis smoke is just as damaging to a person's lungs as smoking tobacco is. I recommend using this medication in tincture form, which actually ends up being more economical as well. Or, at least it has been for me. thanks for article referral; I am going to read it. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back