Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
05/2012
Country
CA
State
ON
Hi everyone, I just came back from the Doctors he has put me on a new medication for bedtime. This med is called Flexeril it is a muscle relaxer. Has anyone tried that? I am taking Lyrica 150mg 2 pills three times daily, Tramadol only 1 pill daily due to stomach pain, and now Flexeril only 10 mgs to start with. I am having alot of trouble with medication I always seem to be really sensitive. Which is becomeing difficult to treat the pain of Fibromyalgia. Any advise would be greatly appreciated.

Flexeril can make you sleepy, which is why some docs just prescribe it at night. It should also help you sleep along with easing muscle spasm and pain. I used to take at night, but have been switched to Trazadone which is an older antidepressant. If the flexeril helps you sleep, that can also help with pain. Good luck.

I also take flexeril every night before I go to bed. I does make one sleepy. When my muscles are really bad, like now, I will take more on the weekend when I can stay home. I also take an anti-depressant. Taking the two together about an hour before I go to bed makes it possible for me to sleep all night. I don't know if you drink coffee, but I find I need to limit my caffeine or it makes the muscle tightness worse.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back