Not open for further replies.

patmills001

Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
CA
State
british columbia
just wonder if others have already been through caregiving a spouse when you can barely make it through most days yourself? Any advice appreciated! No smilie for pullin my hair out trying to manage!

RomanAnthonysMama

Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
USA
State
massachusetts
I have not been a caretaker for adults, but I tip my hat to you. I had a friend in high school who had fibro, and seeing her go through everything was so rough at a young age. When you have to watch someone you love go through so much pain, it can be so hard to watch. I have been a caregiver to my father and my best friend when they were recovering from cancer, and it's a very hard thing to watch. God bless.

Trellum

Legendary member
Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
04/2011
Country
NL
State
NL
Best of luck, Pat! Taking care of someone when you can barely make it can be such a feat, specially when the person you're taking care of totally depends on you. I had to take care of my mom when the doctors thought she had cancer... you will need a lot strenght! There will be some really hard days, but everything you can do right now is to hope G-d can help you with all this. That's what I do every single day... I wish you the best!

Status
Not open for further replies.