Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
02/2018
Country
AL
State
MO
3 years ago I was diagnosed in FM with lot of body pain, since then I feel the followings:
-Nerve pain
-muscle pain
-headache
-head pressure
-back (left most) pain
-pressure in eye
-bloating
-pelvic pain
How are they effecting me:
-no sleep with sleeping pill (head pressure, tingling and numbness in hand, leg and face)
-can't watch TV (head pressure)
-can't read books (head pressure)
-can't do any work (weak, fatigue)
-can't walk normally
-can't walk on treadmill for long time

Note: taking lot of pills but nothing working

any advice please

Hi MIA,

sorry that you are going through all of this. We here all know what it's like for us, which is similar to what you are experiencing, and we all can empathize with you a great deal.

First I want to say that this doesn't have to paralyze your life and there are things you can do to make life better for you. I have detailed these things in my advice post which is Pinned at the top of the General forum. Read, absorb, and start to do those things for yourself. If you raise the level of your overall health it will help. How much is unknown because it's different for everyone, but you need to try.

Second, I would say that if the "lot of pills" you are taking do not work, stop taking them. Or at least, stop the ones you can and only, of course, under doctor supervision. the fact is that taking a lot of medications can make the symptoms of fibromyalgia worse. Plus, there are long term effects of taking medications that you may not even know, and taking a lot of medication is not good for anyone unless it is something they have to take in order to keep breathing.

Third, I understand about not being able to walk the treadmill for a long time. One of the worst things about fibro is having to learn your limits, which are usually a whole lot smaller than they used to be. this is hard! Believe me, it took me years to accept this and in the meantime I was frustrated and disappointed a lot of the time. Once I finally accepted that I simply can't do the heavy exercise I used to do and stopped expecting my body to get there again, and instead celebrated what my body actually can do, I felt much better on a daily basis.

Just do on the treadmill what you can do. If that is 2 minutes, fine. Do 2 minutes and tell yourself Good Job. Do that faithfully every day for several days and then try for 2.5 minutes. If you do that, you are a success. Then gradually increase it until you get to the point that you can't do more without paying dearly for it later. If you do what you are able to do every single day it will help you. It's very important to keep your body moving!
'
Accepting your limits is terribly hard. But try to learn that acceptance because that is what will bring you into a co-operative relationship with your body and its problems. And that will un-paralyze your life.

Take heart. It can be managed. We are all here to help, so if you have questions after reading the advice post just let me know.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back