Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
CA
State
AB
So, went to my Dr appt today as my Fibro has exacerbated to ridiculous extremes. Also, I had developed a cough that has not resolved. Result of the appointment is this; I am inflamed from head to toe, including my lungs. I will be on inhalers with other meds to reduce the inflammation. I have also been told I have Chronic Fatigue. I've been through all the meds but I will give Cymbalta another try. Will follow up in a month to see where we go from here. I hope the Cymbalta side affects will be more tolerable this time. Last I tried it was a year ago. So, here I am, back to square one hoping for the best. Just don't want to spend my life in bed watching everyone else live their life.

I'm so sorry - that's rough. I hope the Cymbalta works for you. Hugs.

I applaud you for giving Cymbalta another try. Hang in there with it. As you probably remember, it will make you very tired and sleepy for days while your body gets used to the new happenings it's doing in you. Stick with it. It gets better in a couple of weeks. We are here for you. Write us. Ask us for reassurance, hugs, questions, etc. Also, start thinking about some supplements to take that reduce and aid in the disapearance of inflammation. Collagen is one. Tumeric is another. Try some teas, essential oils that are wonderful to aid in this miserable symptom us Fibro patients have to deal with daily. Watch your diet. What are you putting in your body may in fact be a cause of flare ups. Stay away from sugar and eat veggies and drink your water! Keep us posted.

i have CFS too medicmurphy and am struggling like you...so sorry its so hard watching the world pass by ..i too hope the cymbalta helps.

Is it meant to help give energy? My doctor doesn't have any solution for the mind blowing weakness and i thought cymbalta was for the pain as well as any depression and anxiety when taken in larger doses.

Take care of yourself and stay here where you are among people who understand.

Thank you so so so much for the encouragement. It's been 12 hours since my first dose of Cymbalta and I'm feeling quite nauseated. Just took an anti-nauseant. May be another day spent mostly in bed but at this point I'm ok with it. I only managed 2 or 3 hours of sleep last night. Weather is dull, dreary and cold so I will watch Turner Classic old black and white movies.

@willow, the Cymbalta is for the Fibro pain. Dr also says it may help with the mental fatigue that comes with fighting these conditions. As far as the physical fatigue and weakness.....nope. I'm not sure how much of the Cymbalta I can manage. I'm starting at 30 mg. In the past I have not been able to handle larger doses of any of the SSRI, SNRI meds which is why I weaned off of them. So, we will see. I'm fighting for some measure of a quality of life. Even a bit would be welcome.

Thank you for the diet suggestions. I generally follow a healthy diet but there is always room for tweaks and improvement. Definitely need to drink more water. I welcome all help and ideas.

Cheers

Last edited:
Medicmurphy,

Hope it helps.
Have to keep trying and never give up!
Life is too short and we have to enjoy as much as we can.

Sagey

Thanks Sagey, I agree whole heartedly, which is why I'm still very much in this battle. I can't give up as I have dear family and friends that need me to stay in the game. There is no doubt that this battle becomes far too frustrating and at times disheartening. Summer is coming so I must get whipped into semi decent shape. Motorcycling season is around the corner and I want to get out there. This is a goal I will keep in front of me. And hope for the best.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back