Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
05/2021
Country
US
State
PA
Good Morning. Was diagnosed about 2 months ago with fibro and still learning so much. I have been suffering from what I thought was plantar faciitis in one foot. I am beginning to think that the foot pain is in fact a result of the fibro. I have been doing everything published about plantar faciitis to try and ease the foot pain, night splints, stretches, new shoes, rest, etc. Yet the pain does not decrease. If anything it increases. I have great difficulty walking. Can't get into see a podiatrist until Aug. 16. Has anyone else experienced this pain resembling plantar faciitis?

Hi BettyT,
I don't have that sort of pain myself, but there have been quite a few conversations here in the forum about plantar fasciitis type pain among fibro sufferers. I don't think you're alone in your experience! If you use the search button at the top of your page to look for "foot pain" and "plantar faciitis", a few threads come up that you might find valuable.
I hope you find something/someone that can help!

Yup, similar here, when walking, cycling or standing. It just not that that makes my walking difficult (that's more my leg muscles, despite their - great - strength, so cycling and workouts are no big problems in long stints, its the long efforts that are).

Before accepting it as unchangeable just bc fibro may be a "reason" for it, I'd try some kind of manual therapy - osteopathy, acupressure, acupuncture etc., or have you?
But what helps me most is my 'twist'-stretching: Turning both feet outwards in front of each other & vice versa or heels together, stretching my back, neck, shoulders upwards and backwards so my loins are stretched and actually everything, then everything inwards too in sort of 10-20'' stints. Regularly. Often with arms up, palms & elbows twisted outwards too. Tried any of that? :)

Last edited:
Hi BettyT,
I have the feet pain too, first thing in the morning when I stand up out of bed is the worst. Lots of walking causes lots of pain. By late evening and the heat my feet are on fire...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back