Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
US
State
Id
How can I make them understand?!? I feel judged, and alone, and I keep second guessing myself, and my own pain! I feel like I have always got one ailment or another, and they are frustrated, and tired of hearing about it/dealing with it. And the pain/discomfort always changes from one day to the next! This us so unfair! I am so sad that I am causing them to question the time they spend with me! :( wish I had a local group...I need to know I'm not crazy!

your not crazy. your not alone. check with your local hospital ask for a case worker. they have a referral program. maybe they can help with finding the local group. we come here each day to vent and help folks just like you. I understand about friends and how they can have a hard time dealing with it. take a moment to think about the time with your friends. you tell them all these things hurt. they care about you but they just cant help you. it's hard on them. staying away is their way of dealing with it. they cant see your pain. you cant see they pain when they have a headache either. Family is a whole other story. they are the folks you have leaned on all through your life. they want to support you at times and other times they dont know what to do. they cant stay away like you friends. just tell them you understand how they feel and you know they cant cure you. you just need their support and love to help you make it through each day. it's all anyone can do to survive this.

the others here will give you support you need. vent here as you need but please know your not alone and your not crazy.

Let me tell u what I do , now it's up to u to find a path that works for u.if I'm hurting bad I simple go at my own speed ,il say sorry I'm in pain today then that's it I don't keep telling them , if there stressed out about it you will have to tell them ,look sorry but this illness is sodding up my life to. I'm the one in pain not you,I'm dealing with it so you need to deal with it to,then carry on doing what ever you were trying to do.
You can't sit there and moan you have to at lest let them see your trying to do your own things,btw I'm not saying your sat on your bum lol .im just trying to show u the way I cope.if I can walk the dogs I do it I cook the dinner bla bla bla, then when I simple can't do it everyone knows it's because I really hurt.
How long have you had the beast.(fibro)?.

I have had it since I was 19. (I am 39 now). I was diagnosed then, but I thought it was all in my head, and that the Dr. was just telling me that because he didn't know what was wrong with me. I was diagnosed again in my early 30's, but for the most part I just ignored the pain, and thought it was part of life...2 years ago I could not take it anymore. I was in a lot of pain all the time....I went to my family Dr. (whom I trust a lot). I asked him what he thought about a fibro diagnosis...was it for real? He did some test on me, and talked with me for a long time about my pain/stress/anxiety etc. He said he was 100% sure it was fibro. I started amnitriptaline at that point. It has helped for the most part....I really have only had about one day a week with a lot of pain since then, and I have been sleeping much better. As of a few months ago the amnitriptaline is not working like it used to....I talked with my Dr. about my tight, burning muscles, and the fact that I was no longer sleeping well. He added a muscle relaxant. I have been on it a few weeks, and I have good days and bad days.
I am a single mom of 2 teenagers working 2 jobs to make ends meet. I can usually keep all of my "balls" in the air...but lately I have been dropping some from time to time. I have not been a very attentive mother/friend. I spend a lot of time with my best friend (she is single too). I had a HUGE melt down last week.....due to stress, and extreme pain....I was at her house, and she just kept looking at me like I was crazy, or a real whimp, or something...she seemed so angry :( I couldn't do anything about it. I don't have family close except my kids, and I need to be "mom" to them...I don't need them to take care of me, or support me! I need shoulder...someone who understands my pain. I am so afraid I will never find a spouse with the pain I have...why would they want to live with someone who gets so down, and miserable sometimes? Ok....I said it....:( Thank you for listening.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back