Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
10/2013
Country
US
State
Minnesota
I am (was) an avid gardener. Now I can't get out there and plant, transplant, bend over when I need to. I am also weak in my arms and legs. I am so frustrated!😣 Walking is painful as my feet ache along with my legs and my balance isn't what it used to be. I have no stamina other than to do the laundry, empty and load the dishwaher and do a little (very little) house cleaning. Life holds little pleasure these days. I exercise (had a physical therapist work with me for 6 weeks) every day as recommended and still my get up and go has got up and went! I hate this.
No need to reply...just needed to get a rant out of my system.

I hear you sister. I had my left shoulder replaced in October and it hurts now more than it did before the surgery. It is practically useless. I do physical therapy 3 times a week which is causing my right arm to hurt as well. I wish you could see me at night. I have obstructive sleep apnea and sleep with a CPAP machine. I also have carpel tunnel syndrome that I have to wear braces for at night. So here I am hooked up to a CPAP machine, an ice pack on each shoulder and braces on both wrists. As you can imagine it doesn't make for quality sleep and I am tired all the time. Thank God I am retired and can sleep in if I wish. I don't know what I would do if I had to get up at 6:00 am each day. Last night I didn't get to sleep until after two and my neighbors dogs started barking non stop at four. She has 5 of them, maybe six. I had to get up and shut the window. We each have an acre of land and I can still hear the dogs barking.

I am frustrated about how Fibromyalgia has truly interrupted my intimate and once wonderful sex life. I am truly happily married and I enjoyed a very sensuous sex life with my husband. Now we find ourselves finding new and interesting ways to keep the spark alive intimately. My husband and I have even researched different ways to satisfy each when I am in mild pain. The pain is more exhausting than any form of sex I have ever known!

I totally get you! It sucks to wake up with pain that stops you from doing what you like. I was also an avid gardener by the way, and totally miss the peace that hobby brought into my soul and my life. I had never been so relaxed in my life as when I was actively gardening :) Best years of my life, no doubt about it. I hope you feel better soon, getting this off your chest will truly help, I beleive :)

I also love to garden...and boy do i miss it..this is the first year of my nine with fibro i can't do any at all.

I pray you improve enough to get back to some form of gardening even if it's on a small scale.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back