DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
4/2012
Country
US
State
MS
Hi All,
I took 600 mg Gabapentin for a couple years, but my weight started drifting up about a pound every week or two. Eventually I had gained over twenty pounds. In addition, I didn't feel like it was helping that much with my fibromyalgia pain, so I went off it nine months ago. (Lost 10 pounds in 12 weeks) My pain has increased so much lately that I'm willing to try it again. What is the lowest dosage that you find works for you? And any tips on not gaining weight? I really watch what I eat.

I suggest you try something else. Clearly, Gabapentin is not the best choice for you.
There are other options. Ask your doctor to let you try something else, or just try OTC medication in various combinations to see if that will help. If you can get medical cannabis, try that, as it helps a great number of people. Gabapentin never did anything for me, but everyone is different. Why take it if you didn't feel it was helping much and you gained unnecessary weight?

Hello, I am new to this forum, I suffer from Fibromyalgia and would love to discuss some of my symptoms with others to learn more about Fibro and also about alternative help.

Hi Michou, and welcome. Just let us know what your concerns and questions are.

Thank you so much for that Sun.. at the moment I have a lot of pain in my let’s and hips, the right side is worse , the pain is on the side of my lower leg and radiates to the upper leg muscle and the hip. I can’t really bend to pick up things and getting up is also very painful.. at night I am awake for a few hours before I finally fall asleep as I can’t be on my sides with the hip pain and on my back, my lower back is also really painful.. just wanted to know if you and others go through similar issues and how you deal with it. Does winter increase your pain.? Thanks so much in advance for your help.

Michou, winter doesn't increase my pain but that's because I live in a place that is warm and dry in the winter. If I am cold and wet, I immediately go into pain and start having trouble ambulating.

The issues you describe are common for people with fibro and I have experienced all of them although almost every day I can bend over to pick something up. there are occasional days I can't, but that is rare.

I have a protocol that I use to deal with this and I believe strongly in it. It is all about taking care of yourself correctly, and I think if followed it will help everyone at least a little bit. And we will take whatever bit we can, right? I have listed this many times on this forum, but I think I will make a whole post on it so that I can refer people to it.

Hang in there, we are here to help and support you.

My doctor recently prescribed Gabapentin. I have not tried it yet. Anyone with experience with this drug ? I am hesitant to use this and want to know if it helps with the pain ?

Michou, winter doesn't increase my pain but that's because I live in a place that is warm and dry in the winter. If I am cold and wet, I immediately go into pain and start having trouble ambulating.

The issues you describe are common for people with fibro and I have experienced all of them although almost every day I can bend over to pick something up. there are occasional days I can't, but that is rare.

I have a protocol that I use to deal with this and I believe strongly in it. It is all about taking care of yourself correctly, and I think if followed it will help everyone at least a little bit. And we will take whatever bit we can, right? I have listed this many times on this forum, but I think I will make a whole post on it so that I can refer people to it.

Hang in there, we are here to help and support you.

Thank so much for of your reply, it is a great help. Take care of yourself. 🦋

Back