G’day, new here

Yes, we've got Marmite in wales ( I just thought Vegemite was a bit different? ). I have to be in the mood for Marmite. i find it quite strong, and the flavour takes over my mouth! 🌲🦉🌲

( I just thought Vegemite was a bit different? ). I have to be in the mood for Marmite. i find it quite strong, and the flavour takes over my mouth!
Yes, it is, but descriptions / tastes vary, just need to try.
Marmite I used to love veeery thin on toast on its own once in a while, but best on any cheeses, fresh or otherwise, just a speck. Same as peanut butter, which I still tolerate and love best with cottage cheese, 1:3.

Cottage cheese and Marmite? Interesting combination 🤔

Cottage cheese and Marmite? Interesting combination 🤔
Yeah, I said cottage cheese and peanut butter, but to my taste you can put marmite on absolutely any kind of cheese, some will improve immensely, all are a bit different. Cottage cheese and marmite or anything yeasty: Definitely, done it tons of times! Or mustard, or marmelade/jam, or....
And combining things with a bit of apple or other fresh fruit too...
As you may guess I don't think there's any combination of stuff on bread I've not tried, and not much I haven't liked. My favourite as a kid was marmelade or jam on liver pate on toast. 😁

Oh you guys are hilarious, a cow, 🤣🤣 when I cook steak for my H and son I put a layer of Vegemite on when cooking. Oh and don’t forget a wheat bix , butter and Vegemite. That used to be another favourite.
Marmite is so different to Vegemite , no where as strong, oh don’t forget the promite. Oh yummy Dang this coeliac. Miss out so much.

Oh Aureil, I got that spider on my news pop up, oh man I’d cack myself if I came across a spider that size. I am not scare of spiders but that would do it.

JayCS, if I don’t concentrate the food gets stuck, the last big blockage last a full 24 hours, I knew I wasn’t totally choking as I could breath, so I kept sipping warm water and stayed up right, no sleep at all that night. I tried putting my finger down my throat but nothing happened, couldn’t bing it up.

Don’t they give you warm blankets ? But ditto on the raynauds, these few cooler days have set off some of my finger/toes yesterday.
28DC443A-2DE1-45D4-A836-B599EFF1633A.png
I find it hurts most when they start thawing out, mines goes so red as they thaw. Ouchy

Cottage cheese and super crunchy peanut butter on rice cakes 🤤🤤🤤🤤🤤🤤🤤

wheat bix
Do you say wheat bix for UK weetabix?
Marmite is so different to Vegemite , no where as strong
You mean vegemite is even stronger??? Or do you mean what is called Marmite in AU?
UK marmite appears to taste like AU "Our mate", do you know that?
I’d cack myself
Again German: we kack our pants in danger.
Which 70s film was it where a police got gradually squeezed more and more by lorries left and right... and then ?
the food gets stuck
Hold it - you sure you haven't got a Schatzki ring like me?

This came up on my news feed. Have you ever seen one of these? Golden trapdoor spider
found in the semi-arid woodlands of the Brigalow Belt, a region in central Queensland. It is not dangerous to humans.

Yep, wheat-bix for Aus.

I personally think Vegemite is much stronger. Promite isn’t bad. I have gf mighty mite. Three three’s make it . Seems more liquid and easier to use a spoon or it runs everywhere.
Not didn’t know that? Though never heard of “ our mate” 🤔

My cack myself is . I’d poop my pants 😬🤣
Like in the big storm we had a few days ago. The lightening and thunder was so scary, definitely almost cacked myself.🤨😂

Haven’t been told about schatzki ring? Though I did a Google and wow the symptoms all make total sense. How long have you had it? Maybe they will find that instead of hiatus hernia.

Haven’t been told about schatzki ring? Though I did a Go...ogle and wow the symptoms all make total sense. How long have you had it? Maybe they will find that instead of hiatus hernia.
At the beginning of fibro I got a gastro- = endoscopy, and the doc found nothing.
Altho I've had these esophagus blocks for years.
After I got a short gastritis, puking twice, they changed, got more of a problem.
My wife kept pushing me to get my esophagus re-checked.
I was thinking it was something to do with mast cells from the MCAS or a form of EoE Eosinophilic esophagitis altho the symptoms didn't quite fit.
When my doc saw it this time, he was quite astonished, he called the stricture / constricture "impressive", the ring was now a 3rd of my esophagus. Comparing to the old pics he said it wasn't really visible then, but now he knows what it's developed to he can see
He very much recommends getting it dilated. But I'm wary of hospital for several reasons, and even this last, or better past, wave of CoV this winter, have stopped me, even my wife isn't pushing now.
Thing is it might be nec. to dilate it regularly.
So I do as many workarounds as possible, I'm wondering if there are some that might work for you.
Apart from chewing most things to liquid, esp. certain foods like raw carrots,
and gulping each pill with a big mouthful with a certain technique,
I wait in between, I stop eating if I feel the slightest pressure until I've got it to subside, I use a massager on it - sometimes good, sometimes not at all, sometimes a bit of movement helps.
and always I get it out again if it takes longer than 20 mins, that's the absolute maximum.
I can always see it's not cos I wasn't chewing enough, but I think in some combinations the mix is just too "thick", sometimes I think a pill might get stuck sideways too, or I may have left it in my mouth too long, so it dissolves and then the stuff starts getting sticky.
Pity about the supps, like yesterday, but it's just not worth it. And it's usually immediate relief, unless I waited too long. Sometimes I think I should wait 5 mins. max. If it was just the last morsel and that comes out immediately, as is very often the case, I can then immediately continue eating without the least problem, as if the "cramp" reset it. Sometimes I don't need to use my finger, I just move in a certain way or press on my stomach or encourage it, and it'll come by itself.
Best also not to wait too long, because that way I don't have any stomach acid coming up, which is probably one of the reasons for the Schatzki ring to develop.
Someone a few weeks back told me they know people who have to be dilated so often that they have to learn how to do it themselves. There are 2 youtube videos, I think both from India, and can see it's possible, but like a gastroscopy awake this would be pure torture for me, because I'm very sensitive all around my throat....

I just thought Vegemite was a bit different?
Vegemite is dark black and thick, almost like peanut butter, while marmite is brown and has a syrup-like consistency. You can also differentiate these two products by their flavor. Some consider marmite to be a milder and sweeter version of vegemite, which is more bitter and stronger in flavor.
marmite is good to make a hot drink but vegemite is too strong flavoured for a drink - vegemite was invented due to the fact that we could not get marmite during the war,

At the beginning of fibro I got a gastro- = endoscopy, and the doc found nothing.
After I got a short gastritis, puking twice, they changed, got more of a problem.
I was thinking it was something to do with mast cells from the MCAS or a form of EoE Eosinophilic esophagitis altho the symptoms didn't quite fit.
When my doc saw it this time, he was quite astonished, he called the stricture / constricture "impressive", the ring was now a 3rd of my esophagus. Comparing to the old pics he said it wasn't really visible then, but now he knows what it's developed to he can see
He very much recommends getting it dilated. But I'm wary of hospital for several reasons, and even this last, or better past, wave of CoV this winter, have stopped me, even my wife isn't pushing now.
So I do as many workarounds as possible, I'm wondering if there are some that might work for you.
I wait in between, I stop eating if I feel the slightest pressure until I've got it to subside, I use a massager on it - sometimes good, sometimes not at all, sometimes a bit of movement helps.
and always I get it out again if it takes longer than 20 mins, that's the absolute maximum.
I can always see it's not cos I wasn't chewing enough, but I think in some combinations the mix is just too "thick", sometimes I think a pill might get stuck sideways too, or I may have left it in my mouth too long, so it dissolves and then the stuff starts getting sticky.
Pity about the supps, like yesterday, but it's just not worth it. And it's usually immediate relief, unless I waited too long. Sometimes I think I should wait 5 mins. max. If it was just the last morsel and that comes out immediately, as is very often the case, I can then immediately continue eating without the least problem, as if the "cramp" reset it. Sometimes I don't need to use my finger, I just move in a certain way or press on my stomach or encourage it, and it'll come by itself.
Best also not to wait too long, because that way I don't have any stomach acid coming up, which is probably one of the reasons for the Schatzki ring to develop.
Someone a few weeks back told me they know people who have to be dilated so often that they have to learn how to do it themselves. There are 2 youtube videos, I think both from India, and can see it's possible, but like a gastroscopy awake this would be pure torture for me, because I'm very sensitive all around my throat....

Oops sorry about that, bumped send before I got to reply 🤦🏻‍♀️

How long apart were your gastroscopes?
That’s not good. Having to continue stretching it.
Got to be a better way, my love of food has diminished so much. More so in the last year.
I just go through the motions now. Dream about food, but it’s like a chore to eat now.
Oh I hate the pills that start dissolving before you even get a chance to try drink it down.
That’s it, it’s like a cramp, something has ticked it off and no way you’re going to have an easy meal. Then can get through the next ok.
Yes I have read a heap today. Can see the constant reflux, heartburn ect is what causes the schatzki rings.
Someone a few weeks back told me they know people who have to be dilated so often that they have to learn how to do it themselves.
Oh what? No way could I do that 😬😬
There are 2 youtube videos, I think both from India, and can see it's possible, but like a gastroscopy awake this would be pure torture for me, because I'm very sensitive all around my throat....
Does your voice come and go, sometimes almost completely?

Vegemite is dark black and thick, almost like peanut butter, while marmite is brown and has a syrup-like consistency. You can also differentiate these two products by their flavor. Some consider marmite to be a milder and sweeter version of vegemite, which is more bitter and stronger in flavor.
marmite is good to make a hot drink but vegemite is too strong flavoured for a drink - vegemite was invented due to the fact that we could not get marmite during the war,
Somehow I still think this is not a description of UK marmite: That is black, thick, bitter and strong - @Auriel, wouldn't you agree? Is what you're describing praps again AU marmite, johnsalmon?

Oops sorry about that, bumped send before I got to reply 🤦🏻‍♀️
I can delete posts much longer than I can edit them, praps you can too?
How long apart were your gastroscopes?
Only 2 years.
Got to be a better way, my love of food has diminished so much. More so in the last year.
I just go through the motions now. Dream about food, but it’s like a chore to eat now.
I may be possible to tackle the mental aspect separately, I'd think. I love my food just the same as ever.
And the physical one by firstly analyzing which foods to avoid most. E.g. the term steakhouse syndrome for a milder form of it (without ring) shows how meat is a big one. As I don't eat meat/fish anyway, no problems for me there, nothing I'm missing.
Next finding treatments - for steakhouse syndrome drinking something fizzy may work. For me drinking something on top only works in a certain (preliminary) state. After that it stacks and stacks and stacks. So any liquid is the first thing to get out. Also saliva - gathering it and spitting it out. Once there's discomfort never ever must I put anything on top, never. That used to work before the gastritis, I could massage it a bit, it hurt like hell, but I could get it down after a while. Now it hurts less, but it's got much harder to get things down. If I'm chewing anything and realize there's the slightest discomfort, I take it out immediately, to free any additional pressure.
Another trick aside from chewing to liquid might be mixing it in a (?)blender, I don't know if that really works, because even yogurt can cause problems, often it can be cold things, so I take things out of the fridge earlier now.
Oh I hate the pills that start dissolving before you even get a chance to try drink it down.
Hehe, I forget to blame the pills, I blame myself for not preparing each pill properly....
More than enough liquid, no saving on that. Then cup in hand. Then popping in one, sometimes up to 4 is possible, if I'm concentrated, and juggle them in my mouth. Then with each pill one whopping slug, preferably making a grunting noise to make sure I've pressed it down as far as it'll go....
That’s it, it’s like a cramp, something has ticked it off and no way you’re going to have an easy meal. Then can get
Yeah, but mine's progressed more maybe: If it gets stuck, there is no meal, until it is unstuck. Once it is I can continue the same meal. Whether it takes 5 minutes or 20 minutes (that's the max. I tolerate).
On the other hand I'm still wondering how you can have it for 24 hours.
Is it praps cos you eat more difficult stuff than me, like meat, then wait too long before getting it out, or not getting it out enough?
Does your voice come and go, sometimes almost completely?
Never. You sure it's associated? If so, I'm wondering whether you have a stricture higher up, rather than at the bottom of the sternum, above the stomach. That might also explain why you first said "choke", that sounds as if it's more in the throat area? So maybe the the block puts pressure on your vocal chords?

Back