G’day, new here

just changing the living room from summer to winter - have the same fire box as Harpy - bringing back the wood basket and getting close to lighting it.
We got our fire last winter it’s a beauty, got a fan in this one but I don’t use it anymore, it’s annoying.
Very cold here last nite and today we have a cold system moving up from the Great southern ocean into most of New South Wales.
I am on coast in port Stephens , it was freezing yesterday, we had some snow up Barrington. Which we get the winds off 🥶 my raynauds is hating this cold for sure.
We have the mountain range to the east that gets snow falls - has not snowed here in town since the 50's but the nights get very cold Since covid fire wood has been very hard to get - on the farm I could just go and cut a dead tree down but here in town we have to buy it.
We’re the same now mom sold her place, we got the wood from hers, was too easy. But here we can get wood easy enough, well my kids will get it for me.

but you show wa as your state?
Ooh how lol no idea , will find it and change it. As a child we lived in Liverpool nsw and moved up here in 1978. Would never move from here I love it.

Can’t work out how to change it , ah well

Sorry to hear your SR isn’t good again.
Actually I'm again finding new ways of managing it, so despite it worsening I feel very comfy about postponing the dilation yet again.... It's like all other symptoms I spose: zero tolerance. So I've developed more sensitivity to the slightest pressure, and immediately stop eating and take out anything I still have in my mouth. Also I don't wait longer than about 5', depending.
Last big "accident" I noted on my blog was Apr 4th, which isn't quite true, there's been at least one since then I'm sure (maybe noted, but not in the reference list). But they don't feel as big any more. I do now tend to spread meals out over 1 or sometimes even 2 hours - that reduces accidents plus overcomes lack of appetite by eating in bits, if I eat too much in one go even things I enjoy get repulsive. I do wonder if a dilation might improve my appetite, then the loss of appetite would be a consequence. But I doubt it cos I had much more appetite despite more 'accidents' for a long time, the reasons for the appetite seem much more specific....

Well if the software doesn't even allow me to change my country code... it's probably not worth trying..
it thinks USA is the only country in the world so wa is Washington ns is Nova Scotia even thro you set AU as the country the states stay the same as the USA - so you live in Nova Scotia the same as me ;)

it thinks USA is the only country in the world so wa is Washington ns is Nova Scotia even thro you set AU as the country the states stay the same as the USA - so you live in Nova Scotia the same as me ;)
Well that sounds like a nice place, but can pretty much guarantee it’s not as beautiful as my area 😀

Are you feeling better now, Harpy?
🤗🤒

W.a Western Australia is ir? 🙃🇦🇺

"I used to go out in kayake and be gone all day. If I had bait left I wouldn’t come home"
I used to do rock fishing standing waist deep in the waves but my partner will not let me do it any more and my grandkids have taking all my rods and gear so I can't but if she leaves the world before me then I am going rock fishing!!!

Are you feeling better now, Harpy?
🤗🤒
G’day Auriel, yes feeling a little better thank you, I still got no voice. Not coughing as bad and But kinda like it , don’t have to talk 🤫
Got 5 days left on the antibiotics.

W.a Western Australia is ir? 🙃🇦🇺
Yep WA , Western Australia is one of our states in Australia. I never been over there. Been to Queensland a lot though. Go every year with my friends.

"I used to go out in kayake and be gone all day. If I had bait left I wouldn’t come home"
I used to do rock fishing standing waist deep in the waves but my partner will not let me do it any more and my grandkids have taking all my rods and gear so I can't but if she leaves the world before me then I am going rock fishing!!!
I been rock fishing a lot pre kid days. It’s great exiting fishing.

Harpy!, I'm gonna throw this >> 🪃 to you, then you can throw it back (we can have a game now and again) 😆

Last edited:
Back