G’day, new here

LOL, from what I have read, you have no reason to fear them.
they are vegan - they eat eucalyptus as adults, and native grass roots as grubs.
sure, they might be big - they are a member of the scarab family after all (think ancient Egypt here), but so are a lot of other things.

G'day Happy I have a Tenderfield terrier that senses when I have a flare and gets quite depressed and will if not stopped bite her leg etc- once the flare is gone she is back to normal - she can it appears smell different chemicals that aree prodsuced during a flare up - I tell the Doctor she gives me a dog scan
Hope you have no bush fires over there.

Hi johnsalmon, I too believe dogs have a very acute sense of smell. My last dog a little poodle x I had just off 18 years. He would constantly smell my left breast. I normally would push him away till I had a mammogram and it found a lump and think my little dog saved my life as I had very early stage breast cancer with no lymph node involvement.
Then a few years later he was constantly sniffing my left calf muscle. Yet again my little mate sniffed out Clark level 2 melanoma.I tell my drs I have a pet scan 🤣🤣🤣.
No fires around yet, we have came very close a few times . The helicopters dropping water had saved us a couple years ago when it seemed pretty much most of my state was burning.
But I love living in a rural area and would never moved into a city.
I love my space.

I know this question has probably been asked before. But if your taking pain meds and anti inflammatories , when you have your regular blood tests to check for the inflammation markers would the meds keep your I M down or would it make no difference?

But I love living in a rural area and would never moved into a city.
I love my space.
retired from the farm 13 years ago - miss it but now 5 minutes from doctors,woolworth and hospital. Can turn the tap on without worry about the tank , put the garbage out on the kerb and some one takes it away and mail is at the gate and I have high speed internet and voip.

But if your taking pain meds and anti inflammatories , when you have your regular blood tests to check for the inflammation markers would the meds keep your I M down or would it make no difference?
No, it's not often asked ;-). Some pain meds can reduce inflammation markers like CRP, it depends which.
Aspirin, rofecoxib and celecoxib do, according to the 2006 study about C-reactive protein (CRP)-lowering agents, but all the many others they mention there are CVD meds, not pain meds.

Harpy! How is Rambetta and bubba? ✨

G’day Auriel, sorry you lost me , who is rambetta and bubba 🤦🏻‍♀️
I must have forgot something I have posted.

Oh Lordy , my memory has gone , lost the plot. Rambetta is still there but she has kicked her baby out of home . So she very happily scoffing all the fruit herself or till she has a new bub lol
Grunty pig has moved to my nephews farm last week. We have been under water so long his paddock wouldn’t dry out. But will be home when we have build up his yard.

but bubba?
kicked her baby out of home
till she has a new bub
Me learning English speak all the time ;-). Not sure if I've got it yet:
Bub is South German for boy. But here bub is baby, right?
Bubba I found as South AE for "(little) brother", so maybe like BE "littl'un"? Ah, AU for baby, got it now.
A parallel to the German and other languages, doubt influence.

Would you believe wikipedia provides a connection to "grunt" too?: "In the US Army and Marines, "Bubba" can mean a lazy soldier, similar to "grunt", but with connotations of endearment instead of derision".
So Sir-Grunt-a-Lot could also have bubba as additional nickname.... 🧐 - also he's male and not too skinny - "At times, it may be used as a term of endearment (or in an insulting sense) for a person, especially to a man, who is either overweight or has a seemingly powerful large body frame."
(We've always had about 5 names for each of our guinea pigs (usually 2 at a time).)

Lol bub , bubba, bubby , 🤣🤣🤣all mean baby here, be it human or what I call baby animal.
But a real baby possum is called a Joey, just like a baby kangaroo lol.
Grunty , was short or knit-name for our pet pig “sir grunts a lot “
Well there you go so I could call my hubby grunty , he is of the larger boned type person 🤔🤣🤣🤣

Grunty , was short or knit-name for our pet pig “sir grunts a lot “
Yeah, that's why I mentioned it. Wasn't quite sure, but found knit name would be if you knit sockings and work a name into it. Just imagine "someone" doing that with the name "Sir-Grunt(s)-a-Lot", but giving it to their hubby-bubby as a Christmas present, cos it'd look a tiny bit silly on the pet pig, but outstanding on hubby-bubby.... :ROFLMAO:
(But I guess you did mean nickname of course...)

Yeh definitely nickname 😝- definitely not knitname, but maybe if I learnt how to knit I could knit a huge baby blanky for the hubby , now that’s a wonderful idea , 😝 though grunty did go to bed with a huge blanky lol

Back