Reason
Undiagnosed
Diagnosis
09/2014
Country
US
State
wa.
I want to quite. I'm so done with Dr.s and being a guinea pig. Please pray, I'm close to giving up.

oh Moe don't give up ...i get it though its so hard being sick..you get sick and tired of being sick and tired while the whole world carries on.Take CARE x

Hi Moe,

You don't want to give up because then you are giving into your illness and that is easy to do. It is hard to find a GP that knows and believes in FMS but you really need to push to see a Rheumatologist. This is the doctor that will give you a proper diagnosis. Then you should be directed as to what is your next step and that is going through all of your symptoms to see if you should go on some meds for pain or sleep or anxiety or depression, etc and there are some that can help for more than one thing. The problem is, is that you may have to try different meds to see what will work for you. A lot of people go on Cymbalta and / or Lyrica as they can help with pain and depression and anxiety. But the side effects may be worse for you. Maybe you need to loose some weight and exercise and eat healthier.....I don't know. I don't sleep at night and I take Lorazepam to help me. I went to a sleep study two years ago to rule out sleep apnea and RLS. They rules that Fibro is causing my lack of sleep as people with FMS can't reach a deep sleep. There is so much info out there it just takes time and patience to find out what you can do. Maybe you need to go to a Pain Clinic if there is one in your area, Hope this helps or at least gets you thinking of where you can look in your area. All the best!

Exersize check, diffrent pills for his blood pressure depression weightloss check, check. Vitamins and minerals ,check. I once told a massage therapist every time I exersize I rein jure something, she said Maybe your subconsciously allowing this to happen..........WT....give me a break. All this anew age crap is seriously pissing me off. SORRY......I'M FED UP.
PLEASE NOTHING PERSONAL.

No Moe you are not subconsciously letting it happen....i have weak points in my knees thighs and hips that definitely lock up and catch with exercise these days and you scream with pain...i think if we have had injuries fibro settles and also our muscles and tendons around an injury tighten even more than normal people.

People don't get us..they have their opinions because all they know is the normal response to exercise. I had a physio once who wouldn't treat me anymore as she couldn't undertand why the exercises she gave me locked up my knees and shoulders so that i was hobbling and could hardly move my arm for a couple of weeks after.

If you can get to a heated pool just for a little relief being weightless allows for us to move the body parts that hurt and tense. It also helps with the shocking pains while your in. Getting that relief if for only a few minutes has really helped me through the moments that have been the hardest.

Sylvia

I try to get some type of exercise every day. It makes me fell like I am not sitting still and let this "thing" beat me. After my workout, I do a series of stretches. There are lots of days when pain is excruciating. So do something, even just simply taking a walk, breathing fresh air. Mentally the benefits are huge. Physically, your body needs it.

Hey, Moe, I hope you're doing better today. It sure is a struggle some days. Like AlaDeb, I find a bit of time in the fresh air even if it's the short walk to my son's house gives me the push I need to carry on. I've got this huge arsenal of things I do or take to maximize the good days, but sometimes I get depressed that it takes so much effort to feel even slightly 'normal.' I hear you, my friend. Take care and know that we understand. Hugs.

I have been having the same feeling lately as well, I feel kind of better knowing I am not the only one who feels like a guinea pig and is tired to see those useless doctors. All of them saying something different, I no longer know what to believe :( I just wanted to reply to let you know I know what it feels like and that you are not alone.

If I Had just ONE penny for every time I've muttered/cried those words "I just want to give up" and another penny for "just want my life back" well...I'm not sure what I'ld do with all that money because I can't do much, but I'm not going to give it to some insulting, insensitive massage therapist!!! Did you charge her for letting her practice her insults on you?
I know it's not fair Moe, and some days just suck and some people that are supposed to be helping us do more harm then good. (To add insult we have to pay them for their ignorance)!
Doctors. Grrrrr
I wish I had more reassuring words than letting you know your not alone, but to be honest, thats really all I've got. Your feelings are valid and with justification. But remember you are not fighting for the life you have today, you are fighting for the type life you want someday (soon)
My heart and prayers go out to you tonight.

Last edited:
Ah, Eyesup, you put it perfectly!

I totally understand how you feel, Moe!!! I think about giving up all the time! I'm living off of my parents (mostly). I try to work but can't work much. My parents don't get why I can't work more than I do and are fed up with paying my way. I feel like such a burden to them and am sick of having to answer to them about where every dime is spent. I tell them I feel like such a burden to them quite frequently and they never say anything. The only solution I can come up with is to end my life. But I absolutely can not do that. I have three kids that I can't leave behind. I've got to come up with a different solution!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back