Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
07/1999
Country
US
State
CA
Wouldn't be a bad idea to get Fibrinogen levels checked, all those dealing with Fibro.

Elevated fibrinogen both predicts and causes cardiovascular disease .... The connection doesn't get any more intimate than that. .... chronic inflammation, pain, fibromyalgia, chronic fatigue syndrome, poor healing, retinal pathology, infertility, ...

My integrative MD started checking my Fibrinogen levels about 3 yrs ago and my levels were elevated....so what I take to lower these levels is: Nattokinaise, Vit C, Omega 3 and Olive Oil.

My levels are coming down and my doc checks this annually now, she will check again later this year..

Too bad we can't post links here but it would be a good idea to do some searching on this Fibrinogen issue, your levels could be elevated. We need fibrinogen but don't need elevated levels. Ask your doctors about this...I had no clue before my doctor checked and then I started my research. J

Here's some additional info on Fibrinogen:

These hard, rust-like fibrin particles stay in your joints and trigger inflammation. That's right, this undissolved fibrin is what causes the inflammation that keeps coming back again and again—leaving you grimacing in pain every time you bend or move.

This excess fibrin also speeds up cartilage destruction, interferes with the flow of blood and nutrients, and blocks the removal of toxins from your joints. And the more this fibrin builds up in your body, the more you hurt, the stiffer you get, and the longer it takes to recover from everyday injuries!

Stiffness is a major issue for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back