Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
US
State
TX
Does anyone here use ginger tea? I try to drink it on a regular basis because it does help with any aches and pains I have. I'm not entirely sure what makes it so helpful but it always manages to soothe me.

My ginger tea is simple. I cut up ginger root, pour boiling water over it and add a lemon tea bag to the water. I let the root and tea bag steep for a few minutes and then I add a little sweetener. I try to drink this at night because it helps me sleep.

Peppermint tea is also great for things like cramps and other small pains. I haven't tried using mint leaves yet, but I have used regular peppermint tea bags and it did help soothe a few aches and pains.

Have you guys tried any other teas that have helped you with pain or aches? Any suggestions would be great!

I always purchase ginger root, and make a tea with it. It is very good, even for ailments such as colds. I mix it with a variety of other spices and herbs for other ailments. It works well with your immune system, and should be on everyones shopping list from september until march. I believe it is that important to your health in the winter months. It's great with cranberries. Make a good, hot drink with ginger and cranberries, and it can pretty much take a bit of the discomfort away. You do not need whole cranberries, the sauce that you can get in cans works just as well, in my view, but everyone is different, as some have issues with corn syrup and other sweetners in causing flare ups. For me? a nice cup of hot ginger with cranberry and bananas is a treat for a cold evening before bed.

Ohhh cranberries would be an excellent addition to my ginger tea! What a wonderful idea! I love ginger root. I first started using it when I had the flu a few years ago and to this day, I swear by it. There's just something about it that makes me feel so much better.

I'm not keen on cold ginger tea. I've seen recipes for it but it just doesn't appeal to me. However, I have to wonder if it would be good with cranberries. Maybe a cold ginger and cranberry tea on a hot summer day? I might just try it :)

What other herbs do you put in your tea? I'm thinking about starting an herb garden, but I want to plant herbs that I will actually use. I know I want to put mint in the garden and rosemary.

I'm really excited about your suggestion of cranberries! What a great idea!

Nope, I have never tried ginger in hopes to treat my aches, but it has proven useful to treat my now constant nausea. I use it every time I feel nauseated (lately is almost everyday). They also say ginger root is useful to treat asthma, actually they say ginger helps to ease several symptoms :) I might try the ginger root tea you suggested, I wonder if boiling the root with the water for a bit would be even better?

Fresh cut ginger and lemon works the best, but Yogi's Lemon Ginger tea is a very tasty second choice. I drink or eat ginger every day, as it helps with digestion issues and reduces inflammation. I found that I can't eat and drink enough to reduce my muscle pain enough, but I take 9 tumeric pills a day instead. The tumeric pills are way more effective than OTC pain killers!

I posted this on the turmeric thread also but since it applies here also I will copy it in. I will say that for me it's nice and relaxing and seems to ease the pain but it's definitely doesn't make it go away or stop. Just some relief. Also not so sure it helps with the fatigue but I do feel better in general less of the flue like feeling.

I make a ginger/turmeric tea that seems to help if I drink it regularly. It's not like a pain pill or a naproxen that stops the pain just by taking it but if I drink three to four mugs a day for a week or more it seems to help. It's easy to make also just take the peeled ginger and turmeric and cut into small (quarter size for ginger, dime size for turmeric) pieces and boil to desired strength. For me I like to boil a lot to a very strong almost concentrated type and put it in a 2 quart container and put it in the fridge. Then when I want some I fill a mug about half way add more water and some lemon juice (some people like honey) and put it in the microwave to warm it up. This cuts down on the number of times I have to make the tea.

Last edited:
I never thought of combining ginger and cranberry for tea. I'll have to give it a shot. I do make ginger lemonade during the summer.

I posted this on the turmeric thread also but since it applies here also I will copy it in. I will say that for me it's nice and relaxing and seems to ease the pain but it's definitely doesn't make it go away or stop. Just some relief. Also not so sure it helps with the fatigue but I do feel better in general less of the flue like feeling.

I make a ginger/turmeric tea that seems to help if I drink it regularly. It's not like a pain pill or a naproxen that stops the pain just by taking it but if I drink three to four mugs a day for a week or more it seems to help. It's easy to make also just take the peeled ginger and turmeric and cut into small (quarter size for ginger, dime size for turmeric) pieces and boil to desired strength. For me I like to boil a lot to a very strong almost concentrated type and put it in a 2 quart container and put it in the fridge. Then when I want some I fill a mug about half way add more water and some lemon juice (some people like honey) and put it in the microwave to warm it up. This cuts down on the number of times I have to make the tea.

Too bad they don't sell turmeric over here :( Right now I'm wiling to try everything! By the way, not to mean to sound like a really nosy gal or anything, but if I were you I'd not use the microwave that often... all that radiation can't be good for people like us, or anyone for that matter. I actually stopped using the microwave quite recently because of my cancer concerns.

I know that Ginger tea is very good for colds or flu. A slice of ginger root i always put in my tea or soup to boost the immune system before I start taking Golden Sea Cucumber powder in capsules . Yerba Mate tea helps me with fibro fog . Has anyone tried it ?

Ginger tea is so soothing and great for aches and pains, especially stomach pain. It is a relief. I would also recommend drinking green drinks, either green juice or smoothies, I find that overall I feel so much better after I have drank them. They really make me feel better and I put ginger in my smoothie or juice, and a little lemon juice. They add so much flavor and are so good for you.

Tea is a big part of my natural remedies. It helps with my fatigue in the beginning of the day and my restlessness at the the end of the day. I have not tried ginger tea. I am usually drinking chamomile in the mornings and green tea at night. Helps me so much.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back