Glad to be here

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Blitzy, and welcome to the forum.
Yeah, none of us are impressed with the pain that comes along with fibro. There are a lot of various things that we can do to help ourselves deal with it, though.

Your first step was joining this forum....a good thing because this is a safe place. There are informative and supportive people here.

Many are willing to write about their experiences, and you can learn a lot from others b ut of course ultimately you have to try out different things for yourself.

Are you currently under the care of a doctor? Taking any medication?

Here's a post about managing fibromyalgia that you might find useful. You are not alone.

Welcome Blitzy!
I am pretty new to this forum….just wanted to say hi and I am glad you are here!
I have learned a lot from people here and felt lots if compassion and understanding too!

Hope your weekend is peaceful!💕🙏🏽

Hiya Blitzy I’m new here too, you are not alone ❤️

Hiya Blitzy I’m new here too, you are not alone ❤️

Hi Staci glad to meet you. Hang in there ....

sry it took me a while to get back. Yes I have a family doctor only, and he is not much help so I did my own research.
It sure explains alot of what I have been experiencing in the last few years. The flares are just miserable, but I keep on going,
try very hard to deal with it. My doctor has me on some sleep pill, which is a godsend , I was only sleeping about 3-4 hrs a nite, so
6 hrs is way better, lol. Also some antidepressant for my sadness. I have my tylenol, for my pain, and some other presc he gave me
but I do not take them regularly,only when my pain is intolerable at bed time. I have alot of challenges , just take one at a time and try
to do my best. I am so glad I found this site, so nice to hear Im not the only one . The more I read , the more I see how many of us
have much the same woes. We are not alone in this group , tytyty to everyone and bless you.

Hi Blitzy, welcome ☕🧁 yeah fibro's not impressive, is it? I take gabapentin for mine (my gp upped the dose last year, winter time). makes me sooo drowsy, do you have any side effects with your pain meds? (I'd love to come off my mine but I need them, my pain is really bad also) do you have chronic fatigue with yours too? 💛🐣💛

Good Morning!! Oh yes Auriel, I have constant fatigue never seem to get enough rest. At any given time I could close my eyes and sleep more. Gabapentin and I did not seem to agree so I had to stop talking it. I also tried cymbalta again my body seems to not accept it. I have a sensitive system, so they tell me...After trying so many, I go t tired of it all , and so tired of feeling ill with the meds. With my anti depressant and sleeping aid, I seem to be ok. Even losing much needed weight. I do take a tramadol only when my pain is severe, I cut them in half so only 25 mg will do it for me. I take one day at a time, and try so hard not to stress alot. I am facing a surgery coming up for my ear, apparently there is a hole in my eardrum, so they must patch it so I can hear again from that ear. Some days it seems overwhelming, but chin up and accept what I cannot control. I keep myself busy, with winter here, and so cold again, I have done my spring cleaning already lol. Good Will sure liked me this yr haha. Have a super husband who stands by me , to help in ways he can. Evenings is when I get slammed with the pains and aches, and of course Im exhausted by 3pm daily. I can set the clock on that one for sure. I am so glad to have found you and everyone else, someone like me, Im not alone...and neither are you, stay strong, we go thru this together 🤗😏

Thankyou sweets, hope your operation goes well 💕🍀💕

Last edited:
I like your new profile pic blitzy ,(it's very cute)
❤️🐘❤️

Last edited:
Ty Aurial been a bad few weeks but I am accepting this awful stuff just getting my head around the fact. Fog is fog, not too many people understand how we stumble to find the right words and end up saying the wrong ones. My husband loses patience occasionally but very supportive and my watch dog when my pain level is high. One day at a time 😊😊

I'm glad you got good support, yeah the fog is a wierd one, don't worry with the wrong words (I do it all the time), I sound like B.F.G half the time. Did the operation go ok? 🕊

Yes I can finally hear from my R ear now, apparently the ear drum collapsed. Lots of ear infections from childhood took its tole I guess. No worries life is full of surprises!! Oh and yes elephants are my favourite , have them all over my house lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back