Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
08/2002
Country
US
State
FL
I've been diagnosed for about 12 years now but I haven't really dealt with my fibro or chronic fatigue until recently. I have finally started taking care of myself recently and part of that is accepting the fact that I have chronic pain and fatigue and may need more help or rest. That is the hardest thing for me.

I have gone gluten free for over a year now and I strongly advocate that - especially if you have abdominal pain which is what drove me to eventually do that.

I have also been working with mindfulness meditation recently. Has anyone tried that with any success?

Hello and welcome. I am not sure what mindfulness meditation is but if it works well for you then that is great. I have used prayer time, as well as, relaxation exercises and through a therapist I had EMDR treatments that helped a great deal. Just talking with a therapist or someone else in mental health who has training in dealing with stress issues and depression or sadness, could provide healing advice. Do a web search for more information on the subject.

As you read around the forum you will find many ideas and suggestions in management of fibro and lots of what worked and what did not. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back